chapter seven - pep rallies and almost kisses

chapter seven – pep rallies and almost kisses

It was the third day of 6th grade and I was walking to third period by myself because Kevin and Devin had boys gym while I had girls.

I saw Marc out of the corner of my eye and blushed. I hoped that this time he would say something nice to me...

"Thick Thea-" I cringed at the nickname. He wasn't being nice today...

Before Marc could continue his insult I felt a sharp pain on my butt. I heard a bang and turned around.

An 8th grader smacked my butt and Marc was currently on top of him. Beating him up...

I sat in the bathroom stall holding my tears back. It's one thing when people call you a slut to your face. You know they're just trying to hurt you. And that's what I've been telling myself since first period.

All day, girls have been glaring at me, calling me names in the hallway and even asking me why I would sleep with all three of the triplets.

Nobody believed me when I said I haven't slept with any of them and it's starting to get to me. I don't like lies being spread about me. I'm scared that my Dad would find out. He'd be so disappointed in me...

"I can't believe that Thea slept with them" A girl who didn't know I was also in the bathroom spoke.

"I totally knew that this would happen" Another girl spoke. "I mean they've known each other their entire lives. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner"

"How do you know it hasn't?" The other girl asked. "I mean maybe that's why they stopped talking freshmen year"

Now the tears were falling and I was holding back sobs. Why is this happening?

"I don't know why Marc would stoop so low though" That time I felt a pang in my heart. "I mean I heard that he slept with models while at that boarding school and Thea's... well you know"

My entire body felt like it was on fire from how hard I was shaking. I should be angry but I'm more upset. I've been having an off day. And this isn't helping.

"Please" The other girl laughed. "Marc Preston has been in love with Thea for years now. I just can't believe she slept with his brothers. That must have hurt him"

"Wait, what?" I speak my thoughts out loud and the bathroom silences.

"Oh Thea!" The brunette gasps as I walk out of the stall.

"We didn't know you were in there" The blonde looked guilty.

"That doesn't make it better" I scoff, ignoring the hurt that was bubbling in my stomach. "What do you mean Marc's in love with me?"

That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

"You don't see it?" The blonde furrows her eyebrows. "He's been following you around like a puppy dog ever since he got back"

"So?" I shrugged. "He's always bothered me and he's just picking back up where he left off. He's not 'in love' with me" I put air quotes around the 'in love' part.

"What about what about the locker room fight that got him sent away? You can't deny that" The blonde continues and I just stare at her like she's crazy.

"What about the locker room fight?"

"It started because Kevin said that he wanted to ask you out" The blonde shrugs. "At least that's what my boyfriend said. And he was there that day"