chapter seventeen - first times and break ups

chapter seventeen – first times and break ups

"So you'll get Kevin and I'll get Devin" Marc confirmed with me. "Then we'll lock them in my bedroom and they'll have to work things out."

"Okay Marc" I nodded.

Kevin and Devin were fighting because Kevin got captain  for the middle schools football team. They've been fighting for weeks.

"Thick Thea" Marc stared at me. "Go get him now"

"Oh yeah" I blushed.

****

"Dad!" Marc screamed as we he hopped on top of Kevin to tear him off of Devin.

"Thea! Go get my parents or Eric" Marc struggled with the boys.

We should remember that plans like this, never works.

Dad's going to kill me.

There was only supposed to be about 20 people here.

There's over 100. And I can smell the liquor that's been spilled onto my carpet mixed with the vomit that was in the kitchen.

To make things worse, Devin doesn't know if he can get Kevin to come. So this was all for nothing.

"Thea chill" Marc laughed as I glared at the group of kids dancing in my living room. "I'll help you clean up"

I frowned at him and he pecked my lips. "C'mon let's dance"

I sighed as Marc pulled me to the middle of the living room and twirled me around.

"Let loose, Tee" Marc laughed. "We're young, we're supposed to mess up. Your Dad will understand that"

"Have you ever met my Dad?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes. He's pretty cool to be honest" Marc cracked a grin and I couldn't help but feel warm at the sight.

I loved when he was happy.

Marc wrapped his arm around my waist and swayed us.

"I can't believe you're actually my girlfriend" Marc smiled widely.

"Marc we've been dating for a month" I laughed. "When will you stop saying that?"

"When we're about 90 and we die in each others arms" Marc joked and I laughed.

"I don't know about you, but I plan to live well into my hundreds"

"I didn't plan living past now" Marc said seriously and I felt my heart break. "But everything seems to be getting better now that I'm home"

"Marc" I pulled him into a hug and he breathed a laugh.

"It's not just you. A big part of it is. But it's also my family and actually having friends" Marc explained and I nodded into his chest. "Oh!"

"What?" I pulled away.

"I got you something. It's in my car. I'll be right back" He kissed my forehead and then made his way out the front door.

I smiled but my smile turned into a frown when I smelt burning.

I followed the smell into the kitchen.

"Are you guys dense?" I screamed at the group of people watching a pile of napkins burn on the counter.

I went for the fire extinguisher under the sink, but someone beat me to it.