chapter nine - confessions and boarding schools

chapter nine – confessions and boarding schools

It was my first day ever at school. The first day of kindergarten and I was scared.

I cried all morning because I missed Mommy and Daddy.

Laurel, Kevin and Devin weren't in my class but Marc was. He kept making fun of me for crying like a baby.

I met a boy named Charlie though. He told Marc to shut up.

"Where do you wanna sit?" The red headed little boy next to me asked.

Charlie and I just got our lunch and we didn't know where we were supposed to sit.

"Over there!" I grinned as I saw Kevin and Devin waving wildly from their lunch table. "Come on, Charlie"

"I'm having major Deja-vu right now" Charlie frowned as we finished getting our lunch.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He just nodded towards the 'popular' table.

My eyes found Kevin who was staring directly at me, waving me over.

"I don't want to go over there alone" I stared at Charlie with wide eyes.

'Why?" Charlie asked, not confused, thinking it was because of the hate I had for attention.

"I kissed him" I hiss quietly.

"You did what?!" Charlie yelled, causing a few people to glance our way. "I thought you didn't have a thing for him?"

"I don't!" I exasperate.

I went home last night right after the kiss. I guess I panicked. We stood there for 5 minutes. I'm not even exaggerating. Kevin, Marc and I stood there for 5 minutes staring at each other before I just grabbed my bag and left without a word.

I spent the whole night trying to figure out why I kissed Kevin. And I still don't know. I mean yes, it was because I wanted Mikayla to back off of me and she has for the most part. But I could have just punched her in the face. Why did I have to kiss Kevin Preston of all people? Less than 24 hours after Marc and I almost kissed.

I entertained the thought of maybe having repressed feelings for my childhood best friend but that didn't make sense. I never thought about him like that. He was always like a brother to me. And when we kissed, I felt nothing. I felt the physical parts like his lips against mine and his hands squeezing my waist but that was it. I didn't feel the warmth and sparks you're supposed to when you have feelings for someone.

Honestly, the almost kiss I had with Marc was so much better than the real kiss I shared with Kevin. With Kevin it felt like there were alarm bells going off in my head telling me that it was a bad idea. But with Marc, it felt like all I could hear was our breathing and my heart beat.

I groaned. Why couldn't I feel that way with, Kevin? At least then it would make sense. Kevin spent years being my friend and protecting me. Marc spent years picking on me over and over. I spent years hating him and now everything feels weird. Until we're together then it felt like nothing changed. But now...

"Wait" Charlie broke me out of my trance. "You almost kissed Marc?"

"How did you know about that?" I hissed, making sure nobody heard him.

"Tee. You just said it. You started panicking and mumbling a mile a minute but all I got was that" Charlie snorted and I glared at him. "When did that happen?"

"After the pep rally when he took me home" I sighed thinking back to that night with a blush on my face.

"Why do you look a lot more love struck about you almost kissing Marc than actually kissing blondie over there?" Charlie smirked and I rolled my eyes.