chapter sixteen - tony's maid of honor and charlie's ticking time bomb

chapter sixteen – tony's maid of honor and charlie's ticking time bomb

"Oh Thea!" Mrs. Preston cried out as she got out of the car.

She looked sad. Really sad. She was crying.

"I forgot to call Elizabeth" She sobbed.

"It's okay, Mrs. Preston" I shuffled uncomfortably. "I've only been here for a half hour. Mommy and Daddy let me walk here"

I noticed that everyone looked like they were crying and scared.

"Boys, stay with Thea while I call her parents" Dr. Preston looked tired.

"Hi Eric" I smiled at the triplets older brother.

Usually he would say something funny when I greeted him but today he just smiled at me with tear filled eyes.

"What's on your hands?" I furrowed my eyebrows as Marc.

"Matt's blood"

"Well Marilyn is obviously going to be my maid of honor" Summer spoke about the wedding while we all sat around the table, eating family dinner.

Marc had invited me tonight since everyone was home. Summer, Tony, Eric, Marilyn, their kids, Matt, Brielle and their son, May and her girlfriend (who looked very uncomfortable to be here), Sage and of course the rest of the clan.

"And Brielle, May, Sage and Tanya are going to be my bridesmaids" Summer stated obviously.

"Oh my god! I'm so excited!" May spoke at the same time Sage said "Do I have to?"

"Yes you have to, Sage" Mrs. Preston rolled her eyes playfully.

"Eric's gonna be my maid of honor" Tony spoke with a mouth full of food.

"Best man" Eric glared at his best friend.

Tony used his fingers to make air quotes.

"I'm just so glad you guys are getting married!" Mrs. Preston laughed. "It's been 8 years for Christ's sake!"

"We just didn't want to rush anything" Summer laughed.

"She didn't want to rush anything. I proposed to her our sophomore year of college and she laughed" Tony scoffed.

"You were drunk and were using a ring pop" Summer rolled her eyes.

"Hey- it was cherry flavored" Tony defended himself making everyone laugh.

"I'm just saying! You've infringed on my pestering Sage and the boys about their love life" Mrs. Preston laughed.

"What about May?" Piper raised her eyebrows.

Suddenly the air was filled with tension.

"I mean- uhm" Mrs. Preston cleared her throat, glancing at Dr. Preston.

"It's different, Piper" Dr. Preston spoke.

"No it isn't" Brielle crossed her arms over her pregnant belly.

Dr. Preston glanced at Brielle with a look that said he didn't want to have this fight.

"Piper and I are engaged" May blurted out, surprising everyone but Piper and Sage.

Everyone was silent. Absolutely silent. Nobody knew how to react. Sage opened her mouth, ready to start a fight but Marc cut her off.

"Thea and I are also engaged" This time all shocked eyes were on us.