5

Chapter 5 || Who Done It?

"Where the hell have you been?" Fangs asked as soon as Joaquin cut the engine on his bike.

"Out." I answered shortly, getting off of Joaquin's bike and leaning against the side of Fangs' trailer.

"You okay, Kitty?" Joaquin asked.

"I- uh, I'm good." I told him, feeling sick.

"That worries me, Kitty. You just saw a dead bod-" Joaquin started.

"What?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Dead body?" Toni asked at the same time.

"Wasn't the first one, won't be the last. You should really get out of here, J." I told him, gesturing to Kevin, awkwardly sitting in his car. "And take him with you. He looks wildly uncomfortable."

"I'll call you. I wasn't lying about what FP said about me looking out for you." Joaquin said.

"I know. Be safe, J." I said, pushing him towards Kevin.

"I will." He said, getting into Kevin's car.

"Care to explain what he meant by dead body, Kitty?" Toni asked.

"Mustang. I found him in his bathtub with a needle hanging out of his arm." I shrugged, pushing past the trio of worried Serpents.

"Mustang?" Fangs asked.

"Yeah, Lodge wanted to ask about the jobs the Serpents did for her dad, roped Joaquin and I in."

"You hate Veronica." Toni stated, tilting her head at me.

"But I hate her threatening Joaquin with jail time even more." I said, slipping into the trailer. I poured myself a cup of coffee and sighed, sipping it black.

"Are you okay?" Sweet Pea asked, looking worried.

"I'm fine. I'm just confused, and hungry." I told him, pulling open Fangs' fridge.

"Hungry?" Fangs asked, grabbing me by my shoulders and forcing me to sit on his couch. "Two seconds ago you looked like you were going to throw up, and now you're hungry?"

"I don't know anymore, Fangs." I huffed, leaning forward and running my hands through my hair. "It's just, out of nowhere, so many things are happening and none of them make any sense to me."

"Maybe you just need to-" Sweet Pea was cut off by my phone ringing. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and answered it.

"What is it now?" I snapped.

"Katarina, listen," Kevin started.

"Didn't I just see you? What could possibly-"

"Shut up and listen, Kat!" Kevin yelled, effectively shutting me up. "Come outside and get in my truck, we have to go meet with Jughead and Betty."

"What the hell, why?" I asked, standing and making my way towards the door.

"Just hurry up." He snapped, hanging up.

"What?" Fangs asked.

"Apparently, I've got to go. I'll be back later tonight." I told him, pocketing my phone and running out to Kevin's truck. I sat in complete silence beside Kevin, allowing him to drive us to some meet up point. Once we got there, he pulled two flashlights out of his glove box and got out of the truck. I followed after him, arriving just after Kevin gave Betty and Jug the flashlights.

"Whatever it is we're looking for, Joaquin didn't know if it would help your dad, or make things worse." Kevin stated, following after Betty and Jughead. I trailed slightly behind, not entirely interested in this mission if it could end up making things worse for my father.