30

Chapter 30 || Sleepover

Days later, Sweet Pea and I were perched on a table in the student lounge at school, listening to Veronica go on about her family's lake house. A lake house that Jughead and Betty were going to this weekend with Archie and Veronica. Gross.

"'Luxury' and 'weekend', two of my favorite words." Cheryl said, entering the lounge. "So, where are we going, and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?"

"Sorry, Cheryl. It's kind of a romantic, couples-only weekend." Veronica shot her down.

"I see." Cheryl nodded. "Of course. My mistake. Well, have fun with your romances."

Cheryl turned to leave, and I pulled my phone out.

To: Cherry
You can hang out with me this weekend, lovely

Cherry
Away from Thistlehouse?

To: Cherry
Of course, Cherry. Sweet Pea will have no choice but to let us have the trailer to ourselves

Cherry
Pick me up at Thistlehouse around six?

To: Cherry
You got it, Cherry

"Inviting your girlfriend over to my trailer?" Sweet Pea asked in my ear, making me giggle.

"Yes, baby. You'll let her stay, right?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck as I slid off the desk. He pulled me in between his legs and looked down at me with a lopsided grin.

"Maybe." He teased.

"I need a definitive yes, Sweets." I pouted. He growled lowly, kissing my lips.

"She can stay." He whispered. I smiled widely and pecked his cheek.

"Thanks, baby!" I said happily, grabbing my bag and walking out of the lounge. I popped my head back in, looking at Jughead. "Have fun this weekend, big brother."

"Stay with dad this weekend!" He shouted, glaring at Sweet Pea.

"Actually," I started, walking back into the lounge. "I have plans with my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Veronica, Archie, Betty, and Jughead echoed.

"Sorry, Pea." I sent him a sarcastic smile. "I've found someone new."

"You hurt me," He pouted, clutching his chest. "Right here."

"Love you, baby!" I called, leaving the lounge.

--------

"Cheryl just told Jughead about Betty and Archie kissing." Toni said, falling into step beside me on our way out of school.

"Ah, my beautiful Cherry Pie, putting that Blossom brain of hers to good use." I sighed, smiling fondly.

"What?" Toni asked. "Isn't that bad?"

"Listen, Cheryl does things just to stir the pot. She creates this chaotic field around her that I've grown to love and thrive in. And, you know me, I love tension and gossip, and I know there will be a lot of talk about this weekend when Jughead gets home." I smirked. Toni slapped my arm.

"That's so rude!" Toni commented. I rubbed my arm and pouted at her.

"I was going to invite you to stay with Cherry and I at Sweet Pea's trailer this weekend, but now I'm not going to." I huffed, snatching my keys out of my pocket.

"Kitty!" She called as I ran to my bike.

"I'm picking Cherry up at 6. You're welcome at any time." I winked, starting my bike and speeding off. I pulled up to Sweet Pea's trailer, dropping my backpack off and switching my denim jacket for my Serpent jacket. I spent about two hours cleaning the trailer and then another hour grocery shopping. After I put everything away I hopped back on my bike and drove to Cheryl's place. I parked the bike right at the bottom of the steps before knocking on the front door.

To my surprise, Cheryl didn't open the door; this time Penelope Blossom answered the door with her nose turned up at the sight of me.

"Can I help you?" She asked, her tone full of disgust.

"Actually, yes. See, I was looking into becoming an escort myse-" I started, watching her eyes widen.

"She's here for me, mother." Cheryl snapped, walking down the stairs inside with a bag in her hand. She was wearing a skirt and I scoffed, pushing my way inside.

"Sorry, Cherry, no skirts on the back of my bike." Cheryl seemed startled as I grabbed her hand and pulled her back upstairs and into her room. I left her by her bed as I walked into her giant closet.

"Bike?" She asked.

"Yeah, Cherry. I brought the motorcycle, and even brought my helmet, just for you." I commented, grabbing a pair of cute leather pants. "Figured after the first five minutes you'd actually enjoy yourself and we could ride for a while before heading home. Change."

She caught the pants I threw at her and sighed. She changed quickly while I looked at the pictures she had in her room. On her vanity, I noticed the jewelry box I got her for Christmas and I smiled.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go before Mother chains me up." Cheryl said, grabbing her bag and pulling me back outside. I climbed on my bike first, helping Cheryl on after me. She sandwiched her bag between us as she pulled the helmet on over her fiery red hair. I waited until she wrapped her arms around me to start the bike.

"Hold on, Cherry." I smirked, peeling out of Thistlehouse's gates. Her grip on me tightened as I sped to the trailer park. Once there, I grabbed the bag and tossed it to Sweet Pea, who was sitting on the steps of his trailer with Fangs and Toni.

"What do I do with this?" He asked, glancing at the expensive bag in his hands.

"Put it inside for me. I'm going to take Cherry back out for a while." I smiled, blowing him a kiss and sending him a wink as I sped out of the trailer park again.

We rode around Riverdale for half an hour before I decided to take us back to the trailer. Cheryl's grip on me had loosened only slightly after she got comfortable, but I could hear her happy laughter as we rounded corners and sped down straightaways.

I parked the bike beside Sweet Pea's, and took the helmet from Cheryl after helping her off the back of my bike.

"How was that, Cherry?" I asked, placing the helmet on my seat.

"That was incredible!" She said excitedly. I smiled at her and walked up the stairs and into the trailer.

"We'll leave in a minute." I heard Sweet Pea say. He, Toni, and Fangs were sat in the living room, watching a movie on the TV.

"Take your time. You hungry, Cherry?" I asked. She nodded, following me into the kitchen. She sat at the table while I opened up the fridge.

"I just bought some chicken, pizza rolls, stuff for spaghetti and alfred-"

"Pizza rolls!" Everyone in the living room chorused. I huffed and slammed the freezer shut.

"Pardon me sirs and ma'am." I started.

"Did she just call me ma'am?" Toni mumbled.

"Only one of you three were invited to stay here tonight." I continued. "And I was asking Cherry what she wanted."

"Pizza rolls are fine, and you don't have to kick them out." Cheryl muttered to me.

"Oh, but I do." I protested, pulling the pizza rolls out of the freezer. I preheat the oven as I continued. "Fangs won't stay still while he sleeps unless he's cuddling someone. And Sweet Pea is Sweet Pea."

"He's Sweet Pea?" Toni countered with a smile.

"Leave me alone!" I huffed, putting the pizza rolls in the oven. "I live with the guy, and he's bigger than me."

"You could take him." Fangs stated.

"You guys can eat your pizza rolls and leave." I told them icily. Cheryl laughed from behind me. I turned to her with a smile and grabbed a cherry soda from the fridge. I gave it to her and we started talking.

That night, Cheryl, Toni, Fangs, Sweet Pea, and I watched movies and laughed and cried together. I even saw Toni and Cheryl exchanging glances every now and then. I made a mental note of it, reminding myself to ask Cheryl what her taste in people is. Toni, Cheryl, and I slept together in Sweet Pea's bed, kicking the boys out to the living room. I slept between them, because they refused to sleep next to each other.