12

Chapter 12 || Serpents VS Bulldogs

The next night I was out with Sweet Pea and Fangs. We were at the corner store, getting some snacks. As we were leaving, Sweet Pea caught sight of Archie spray painting a red circle onto the side of the building.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Sweet Pea asked, dropping my hand and rushing forward. I stayed right behind him, ready to jump in between these two if I needed to.

"Back off. I'm not here for you." Archie said, looking away from Sweet Pea.

"Oh, yeah... Then who's this message for, huh?" Sweets asked, reaching for Archie's spray paint can. Archie spun, his eyes landing on my in between Sweet Pea and Fangs. "Aw, hell, don't tell me it's for the Black Hood. You believe this guy? And people say we're the troublemakers."

Archie put his can away and tried to step in between Sweet Pea and I, causing him and Fangs to step forward.

"Whoa." Sweet Pea said, pushing Archie back. "Southside Serpent country. You can't come here and tag our turf. So why don't you get your ass back to the Northside before someone gets hurt."

"Get out of my way, or someone will get hurt." Archie threatened.

"Red, you should've kept your mouth shut." I said just loud enough to be heard.

"You just made a big mistake." Sweets said, pulling out his knife. Archie pulled out a gun, making my heart race. Immediately, Sweet Pea pushed me behind him. Archie shoved the gun in Sweet Pea's face, causing us all to back up.

"Who made a mistake?" Archie asked.

"What the hell man?" Sweet Pea asked, his hands raised.

"Who made a mistake?" Archie yelled this time.

"Archie Andrews." I stated shakily, his gun still raised even as Fangs and Sweet Pea turned to run. "Who have you become?"

"Come on, babe. Let's go." Sweet Pea said, pulling me away from Archie. Archie's hand shook as Sweets and I turned to catch up with Fangs.

"Are you okay?" Fangs and Sweet Pea asked as soon as we were a safe distance away. They both grabbed me, checking to see if I was hurt.

"I'm okay, I'm just shaken up. I grew up with him." I said shakily. Sweet Pea grabbed me and hugged me tight.

"It's okay, baby. We'll take care of him, Kitty." He said, rubbing my back.

"I know you will." I said, pulling away from Sweets.

"No one pulls a gun on my girl and gets away with it." Sweets laughed darkly.

"We'll get him, Kitty." Fangs nodded.

--------

"Put this on, we're going for a ride." Sweet Pea said, handing me my leather jacket. I shrugged it on and looked out at the rain.

"It's not exactly riding weather, babe." I said, confused.

"Yeah, but it's the perfect weather to go hunt down that psycho that pulled a gun out on you. Let's go." Sweet Pea said. I nodded, hopping on the back of his bike as he led a group of teenage Serpents into the Northside. We pulled up in front of Archie's house, and Sweets and I took the lead in walking up to the door. Archie pulled open the door and looked down at me, then up at Sweet Pea.

"How stupid are you Northsiders?" Sweet Pea asked, his arm finding its way around me. "You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my face- in Kitty's face- in front of my boys, and there wouldn't be any payback?"