21

Chapter 21 || Christmas Inquest

Fangs and Sweet Pea were sat on an old couch and Toni was sitting on her motorcycle. I was sat on the arm of the couch beside Sweet Pea, watching Jughead pace angrily.

"Penny Peabody has got my dad dealing drugs." Jughead started. "I know this, 'cause she had me doing it before him."

Toni looked over at me and I shrugged.

"Now, she's roped in Tall Boy and Sweet Pea, and Kitty." Jughead continued.

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped Kitty and I instead of you-" Sweet Pea started, wrapping his arm around me.

"No, Sweet Pea." Jughead cut him off. "I'm pissed because I don't want the Serpents to end up like the Ghoulies. And I doubt that any of you became Serpents just to be at the beck and call of a drug queen pin. I know where this ends; death, jail."

"I told you." I muttered, making Jughead stop. He turned to look at me.

"What?" He asked.

"I told you to keep away from Penny Peabody." I stated, standing up. "But what do I know? I'm just your twin sister who happened to be quite involved with the Serpents and the Southside since we were born. While you ran off to live some Northside fantasy, I learned how things worked in the Southside- in my home. So, when I told you to stay away from Penny Peabody, you should've listened."

Jughead opened his mouth to speak, but I didn't give him the chance.

"Look at what you did, Jughead." I snapped. "You got Andrews involved in our shit which led to Peabody taking over the Ghoulies drug operation, you forced dad out of his retirement before it started, you single-handedly set the Serpents on the path of drug dealing because you didn't listen to me."

"Kitty-" Jughead started.

"This is why you don't break promises to me, Juggy." I huffed, climbing onto my bike. "Because it comes back to bite you in the ass. Hard."

I started my bike and sped off, no destination in mind. I ended up at Cheryl's after riding around aimlessly for half an hour.

"Come in." Cheryl smiled, ushering me into her house. "Mother isn't here, and Nana Rose is in the living room."

I explained everything that's been happening in my life, and Cheryl listened intently.

"Your brother is a real ass." She stated after I was done. At her words, I let out a much needed laugh. She joined in after a second, leaving the both of us laughing hysterically. And then she started talking about how she felt after everything that happened with Nick St. Clair.

"I'm really sorry I wasn't there for you, Cherry." I sighed, squeezing her hand.

"You're here now, Kitten." She smiled softly.

"And I'll be here always." I promised. Her smile widened, but before she could respond someone knocked on her door. I followed her to the door and watched her pull it open.

"Cheryl, we ne- Kitty?" Betty and Archie looked shocked. I rolled my eyes at them, raising an eyebrow. "Cheryl, we need to see your grandmother."

"Nana Rose seldom has visitors. She'll be pleased." Cheryl said, stepping aside. "Entree."

I trailed behind the trio, keeping my distance as to not insert myself in the conversation; but I was listening.

"Nana Rose, we have some questions for you about something that happened in Riverdale a long time ago." Betty stated.