6

Chapter 6 || Sweetwater River

Stepping into Fangs' trailer was something that was normal. What was not normal was the well dressed woman sitting on the couch beside Fangs.

"Hello?" I asked, shrugging out of my leather jacket.

"Hi Katarina." The woman greeted with a soft smile.

"It's Kitty." I corrected, looking at her with a raised brow.

"Right, Kitty. I'm here because there's a family here on the Southside that is going to take you and your brother in-"

"Excuse me, but I'm just fine right here." I told her.

"Unfortunately, I can't leave you here." The woman sighed. "You're going to have to come with me."

I started to protest, not wanting to leave the comfort of my best friend's home, but my brother promptly cut me off.

"Kitty." Jughead said, walking into the trailer. "They really aren't that bad, and I'm sure they'll let you come back over here for a few days. You have to come with me, Kitty."

"Jug, I-" I started, feeling anxiety spread throughout my chest. "I don't want to leave."

"I know," Jug sighed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "But we have to."

I let him pull me out of Fangs' trailer and settle me into the woman's car, feeling anxious beyond belief.

"Kit?" Toni sounded, appearing at the side of the car with Sweet Pea in tow.

"She's got to go, guys." Jughead said, climbing into the car beside me. He closed the door, waiting for the woman to leave Fangs' trailer. Sweet Pea and Toni ran into the trailer, most likely looking for an explanation. However, by the time they came out to fight the decision, the social worker had already backed out onto the dirt road, driving Jughead and I to our new temporary home.

--------

Another few weeks passed, and I stayed as far away from the foster family as humanly possible. Not that they cared much. They gave me some money on Monday's to keep me fed throughout the week, but they didn't care where I was otherwise. I stayed with Fangs still, soothing the worries of Toni and Sweet Pea. Fangs wasn't worried, having spoken to the social worker beforehand, but he was still relieved when I showed up on his doorstep.

As I was packing up my backpack for school, I got a text from Cheryl Blossom.

Cheryl Blossom
Can we meet?
xC

Where?
-Kitty

Cheryl Blossom
I'm outside.
xC

I sighed, placing my backpack down and walking outside.

"Hey." Cheryl greeted with a sad smile.

"Are you okay, Cheryl?" I asked, actually worried.

"I-" She was cut off by Sweet Pea and Toni leaving the trailer noisily.

"Kit, let's go." Sweet Pea said gruffly, shooting a glare at Cheryl. Fangs walked past me, standing beside Toni and Sweet Pea. I looked at Cheryl's tear filled eyes, and furrowed my brow.

"You guys go ahead." I shrugged them off, focusing in on Cheryl.

"No, I- it was stupid of me to come here." Cheryl tried to run off. I grabbed her hand, pulling her back to me.

"No, it wasn't. Guys, go ahead." I pressed, taking in what Cheryl was wearing; the white dress she was wearing when Dilton Doiley found her washed up on the shore of Sweetwater River. Fangs led Toni and Sweet Pea off hesitantly, and I rolled my eyes at his actions.