34

Chapter 34 || Slumber Party Nightmare

The next morning, I walked into school sporting a bruised face. I ignored the stares I was getting from people and made a beeline for the student lounge. Sweet Pea texted me earlier saying he'd meet me there, seeing as he let me sleep in slightly this morning and left before me. When I got there I saw him sitting on a table, and I smiled. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"My battered princess." He pouted playfully, gently tilting my head so he could look at my bruise. "You sure it's not fractured?"

"No, but I'll be okay." I smiled, ignoring the pain.

"Friends, I have an exciting announcement to make." Veronica's voice rang. I turned away from Sweet Pea and glared harshly at the girl. Sweet Pea noticed my hostility and wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me in place. "I'm running for Student Council President against Reggie "The Misogynist" Mantle."

"So far, he's got my vote." I mumbled, earning a pointed glare from Veronica. I met her glare with one of my own, making her flinch back and avert her eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jughead muttered, looking over at me with a look of disbelief. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned back into Sweet Pea.

"If yesterday's dramatic events taught me anything, it's that Veronica Lodge is not a victim." Veronica continued.

"She's about to be a patient in the ICU." I huffed, earning a loud laugh from Sweet Pea.

"Nor will she ever allow herself to be one." Veronica barked out, glaring over at Sweet Pea and I. I growled at her, tugging Sweet Pea clean off the table when I tried to lunge forward. He caught me in time, pulling me back into his arms.

"No." He said into my hair.

"Just one." I begged, my eyes never leaving Veronica's. Sweet Pea shook his head at me.

"Your parents are taking over Riverdale and now you want to take over our school? What is this?" Jughead questioned. "Part of Mommy and Daddy's evil bidding?"

"Jug, I get that you're in a bad mood because you haven't eaten in-" Archie started.

"Actually, Jughead, my parents think I should avoid the spotlight." Veronica countered.

"That's likely." I scoffed.

"Really?" Jughead asked.

"But, I was born for elected office." Veronica continued.

"I'm bored, let's go." I said loudly, cutting Betty off. Sweet Pea grabbed my hand and tugged me to class.

Just before cheerleading practice, as I walked out of the locker room with my blue shorts and white and yellow shirt, Sweet Pea scooped me up in his arms.

"Can I help you?" I giggled as he spun us.

"Just wanted to wish you good luck." He said, kissing my forehead and putting me down. "And I got you a gatorade to keep you extra hydrated while you're on this hunger strike."

"You're the best. I'll be done soon." I smiled, kissing his cheek before heading into the gym. I stretched as Toni did her routine, smiling happily as she finished. I sat in my splits for a few seconds, waiting for someone to say something.

"And last, but certainly not least, my Kitten." Cheryl introduced happily.

"Fair warning, Cherry, I've been on a hunger strike these last two days, so I might lack a bit of energy." I warned.

"Nothing to worry about, Kitten. Just do what you can." Cheryl smiled. I caught Veronica's glare and smirked, ready to show her up.

"Cheryl, my music, please."