40

Chapter 40 || Carrie

The next morning, Sweet Pea had to literally carry me around so I would get things done. I was ridiculously tired from the night before- from saving Cheryl and from Sweet Pea's 'fun'- and I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed all day and never move. But Sweet Pea insisted that I get dressed and get ready for school because 'education is important' or something like that. I agreed, but only because he made me coffee before we left. Now we were sat in the classroom Jughead reserved for us. Or, Sweet Pea was sitting on the desk, and I was sprawled out across it with my head in his lap. Fangs would poke my side to keep my awake, and Sweet Pea would poke my nose just to annoy me.

"I asked Jughead to thank you for me but I reconsidered, because I wanted to do it myself." Alice Cooper said, standing in our club's classroom. "So thank you for what you did. I also wanted you to hear it directly from me that I am done attacking and disavowing the Southside. It's where I'm from and I should be proud of that. And from now on, I will be. And like my daughter, I will fight tooth and nail for it."

"About damn time, Alice." I smirked at her from Sweet Pea's lap. She gave me a smile and ducked out of the classroom.

"You okay, Kitty?" Jughead asked, looking over at me.

"I'm tired." I whined.

"Why so tired?" Fangs asked, a knowing smirk on his face. I pushed his face away from me and sat up.

"Saving Cherry from those creepy ass nuns really took it out of me." I snapped, sending him a warning look. Sweet Pea let out a laugh and pulled me to him.

"You sure about that?" He whispered to me.

"I'm too tired to deal with you assholes." I groaned, grabbing my bag and sliding off the desk.

"Wait, baby, come back!" Sweet Pea called. I ignored him, heading off to my first class early.

--------

I slammed my head down on the coffee table in our trailer harshly, making Sweet Pea jump up from the couch.

"You okay?" Sweet Pea asked, pulling me up by my shoulders.

"No." I shook my head. "Everyone has a thing, baby, and I have nothing."

"What are you talking about, babe?" He asked, pulling me up onto the couch with him.

"Cheryl and Toni are together now, and they're doing Kevin's play, Fangs is co-directing the play, Jughead is recording the behind the scenes for the play, and we're sitting here doing nothing." I explained.

"Actually," Sweet Pea sounded. "You were doing homework, and I was trying to take a nap."

"That's not a thing Sweets!" I countered, throwing myself back onto the couch.

"There's still time for you to get in on the play, baby." Sweet Pea smiled.

"No there's not." I refused. "The play is being performed tomorrow night."

"Well do you want to do something until then?" Sweet Pea asked, wrapping his arms around me.

"Like what?" I asked, cuddling into his chest.

"Well," Sweet Pea started. "We can watch a few movies, or we can go to Pop's. Or if you're wanting to be more productive you can help me with some homework."

"Homework." I stated. "You need to do your homework, babe."

"Well, then." Sweet Pea said, reaching over to grab him backpack. "Let's start with chemistry because I don't know anything we're learning."