33

Chapter 33 || Lodge For Mayor

"Sweet Pea!" I squealed. He threw me over his shoulder with a smile as we walked down the hallway at school. "Put me down!"

"No can do, beautiful." Sweet Pea laughed.

"Cherry!" I called, catching sight of my red haired friend. She looked over and let out a laugh.

"Need some help?" She asked, following behind us. I nodded frantically.

"She really doesn't." Sweet Pea countered, shooting her a smile over his shoulder. Cheryl  laughed and waved, walking down a different hallway. I huffed, searching for someone else to help me.

"Fangs!" I called, seeing him and Toni trailing behind us. "Help me!"

"Sweet Pea is bigger than me, I'm not going to try and save you." Fangs shook his head.

"Sweets, please?" I begged, earning nothing but a laugh from Sweet Pea. I sighed, falling limp over his shoulder.

"You alright up there?" Toni asked.

"No," I sighed dramatically. "I'm going to die up here"

"Oh no, baby." Toni frowned playfully. "Can I have your closet?"

"No." I shook my head. "I'm afraid that no one will inherit anything."

"Why is that?" Toni asked.

"Because I realized, while I've been trapped up here, that no one truly loves me." I sighed. Sweet Pea chuckled, gently placing me on my feet.

"I love you, you dork." He laughed, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled before punching him hard in the chest. "Never do that to me again."

"Fine, fine." He mumbled, rubbing his chest.

"I do love you though." I reminded, pecking his cheek. He smiled as I walked into my class, Toni trailing behind me.

"You're both so weird."

--------

Dad and I stood shoulder to shoulder in the crowd, watching Hermione Lodge declare herself a Mayoral candidate. He looked down at me and I rolled my eyes in return. Jughead sent me a look from beside dad but I just shook my head. I fought the urge to boo loudly as she started to spew things about growing up in Riverdale, and wanting what was best for its residents.

Please, you just want what's best for the Lodges.

Hermione kept spewing things people in Riverdale wanted to hear, and it irritated me to no end. The smug and proud smirk on Veronica's face made me want to run up there and slap it right off of her face. Dad sensed my growing irritation and grabbed my hand, tugging it every time I tried to make a fist. The crowd erupted into cheers, and I shared looks with dad and Jughead. The second my dad let go of my hand, I walked to my bike and sped off. I parked at Sweet Pea's and walked into the trailer.

"How was it?" Sweet Pea asked, glancing away from the TV.

"It was terrible." I snapped, grabbing a beer out of his fridge. I walked over to the living room, popping the top off my beer. "She spoke to the crowd like the people of Riverdale were stupid. And maybe those Northsider's rooting for her are stupid, but I sure as hell am not."

"Easy, Kit." Sweet Pea said, pulling me onto his lap. I took a few gulps of the beer and rolled my eyes.

"The only thing that's easy is her win if she keeps spoon-feeding Riverdale what it wants to hear." I groaned, laying my head on his shoulders.

"It will all be okay, baby." He murmured into my hair. I sighed, enjoying this feeling. I turned my face toward the TV, silently watching the game he had on.

"I love you." I said, watching someone make a touchdown.

"I love you too, baby."

--------

"A prison?" I snapped. "A fuc-"

"Calm down, Kitty." Toni sighed. She was just as angry as I was, but she wanted to be calm at school.

"No, absolutely not. This whole ordeal has made me hate the Lodges more than I thought was humanly possible." I growled, throwing the newspaper back at Fangs. "And why do you even have that?"

"I read the paper, Kitty." Fangs stated, glancing up at me. "I like to stay updated on my community."

"That was the grossest thing you've ever said to me. It topped that one thing you said when we we-"

"You said you'd never bring it up again!" Fangs shouted, pointing at me.

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes. Sweet Pea looked down at me with an amused smirk. "What?"

"You're especially feisty today." He commented.

"Veronica Lodge brings out the worst in me." I huffed, folding my arms across my chest. "And I'm getting hangry."

"I can tell. Eat something, boo." Toni said, offering me some of her chips. My mouth watered at the idea, but I shook my head.

"Sorry guys, you're going to have to deal with me violently hangry until Jughead and I's hunger strike is over." I commented, glancing over at my brother. I saw Ethel walk over to their table, and tilted my head in confusion.

"Hunger strike, good luck with that." Fangs scoffed. I ignored him and bit back a laugh as Ethel dumped a strawberry milkshake on Veronica. Unfortunately, my laugh escaped my body, making it impossible to stop laughing. After Veronica rushed off, Betty trailing behind her, I wiped the tears from my face and tried to stop laughing.

"You okay?" Toni asked, giggling slightly.

"I'm glad it wasn't me." I grinned, laughing again. I hummed happily as I picked my stuff up, wanting to get away from all the food in the cafeteria. Fangs, Baby, Toni, and Sweets followed me, dumping their trays as we left. As I walked into the hallway, I found Veronica glaring at Reggie as he went on about her dad and the prison. I rolled my eyes and went to walk past them when Veronica throw a wicked right hook, sending Reggie to the ground.

"Holy shit." Sweet Pea commented. I snickered softly, making Veronica turn to me.

"Got something to say, Kitty?" She snapped. I gave my backpack to Toni and glared at Veronica.

"What have I said about my name leaving your mouth?" I asked, my head tilted slightly. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to answer the rhetorical question. Veronica threw her right hook at me, successfully landing it on my cheekbone, but failing to send me to the ground. I stumbled slightly, but quickly regained myself. I went to lunge for her when Jughead and Archie appeared from behind her, pushing me back.

"Let me go!" I growled, my glare set on the shocked looking Veronica. Archie struggled to hold me, and I would've slipped out of his grasp had Sweet Pea not taken a hold of my waist.

"Calm down, Kit." He whispered in my ear.

"Watch your back, Lodge!" I hissed, watching her and Betty retreat. Sweet Pea let me go, prompting Jughead and Archie to do the same.

"Are you good?" Jughead asked, examining my left cheek. I pulled my face from his hands and glared at Archie.

"You're both on thin fucking ice. Keep that bitch of yours on a tighter leash." I snapped, snatching my backpack from Toni and walking out of the hallway.