C H A P T E R 8

It seemed like my nightmares wouldn't always be attacking me on a daily basis; they'd just be skipping a day. I woke to someone shaking me awake, but gently and when I opened my eyes to focus my vision, I saw Josette looking at me with concern. I waved my hand and shooed for her to go away but that ended up with me getting hit on my back.

"Joey, get up! The nice tutor girl is here." My eyes snapped open and I pulled my arm up from where it was hanging off the side of the bed before I sat on my knees. I tried to comprehend everything, something that was still a little hard to do before my eyes looked over at the alarm clock by the side of my bed.

"Shit!" I shouted before I fell off of the bed, because of my covers. I ended up in a painful heap on the floor in front of my sister's feet since she moved away quite quickly. She laughed at me from where she stood and offered her hand to help me up, but I slapped it away. "How long has she been here for?" I questioned, Josette rolled her eyes as I stood up.

"Around fifteen minutes. She's downstairs talking to Drew and the girls." She said as I tried to find clothes for me to wear since I slept in just my boxers, the heat got too much for me; something else I hated about the after effects of the drugs. Josette still was in my room and it was a little annoying because she wouldn't shut up about the nerd. "She's a nice girl."

"I'm not planning to fuck her, yet." I said with a small smirk on my face, earning me another slap to the back of my head. "I probably don't learn shit because you hurt me too much, Josey. I'll be around ten to fifteen minutes, keep her preoccupied." I tell her as I leave my clothes on the bed and then walk into the bathroom.

I started up my shower and brushed my teeth as the water was getting warmer, something that took a little time because the water took a little long to get to my room. Still, it was killing two birds with one stone in a way because I managed to finish brushing the drugs and alcohol stench away from my breath just as the water in the shower got hot.

It didn't take a long time for me to shower, but my mind wandered and started thinking about what exactly Drew was suspicious of. It was obvious that I had sneaked out last night, but Josey never said anything to me or maybe she was waiting for a good time to just yell at me like she's always done. Drew was the major problem.

With someone who's done most things I have done, he probably knows everything I'm up to; the only thing is that he hasn't said anything to me and that was the worrying part. However, with the nerd downstairs, I don't think they would be worrying too much about my state this morning but more of the fact that I may be able to graduate high school.

That was the important thing, but I didn't know how long it would take me to learn anything considering I gave up within the first ten seconds. When I would read comics, I found it easier and of course it was because of the colours and comic sans writing, plus it was something I was interested in. I had hoped someone explained that to the nerd.

I wasn't planning to stay at this shit hole for another year and neither was I planning to drop out of high school, Josette just wouldn't let me. The plans I had for after high school were non existent because I didn't know what I wanted to do; sure, there were many things someone with a good hand of art could do, but was I interested in being an artist twenty four seven? Fuck no.

Drew and Josette had both practically fucked up in their teens and look where they are now, successful people earning good hard earned money while taking care of their family. I needed to get out of this, that's all I knew but I didn't have enough money and no one would employ anyone with the likes of me.

They would probably fear that I was going to steal their stuff or destroy everything, which was a possible happening because who knew what my anger could do. I chuckled darkly and shook my head as I shut off the water before taking myself out and wearing a towel around my waist. I knew no one was in my room, but it was better for me that way just in case.