C H A P T E R 39

My mood turned bitter the closer it got towards exams. It wasn't the exams themselves that pissed me off, it was the fact that I had to continue getting tutoring from Enna, whether I liked it or not. After that day, I didn't want to have to do anything with her, I wanted to be away from her, I mean it would be easier for the both of us right?

Of course it would, but nope, no one would see it my way. Staying away from each other would have benefited Enna more than it would do me, but Josey sees it another ways and uses the excuse that there is a big chance that I would fail my exams without her help. In a way she was right, but I refused to admit it.

So now I was waiting for her to practice English. Our last exams were in this week, but Enna had already finished hers considering she's got different subjects to mine and my subjects were left to a minimum. This is the big one that I didn't want to do, but I was happy that this would be over and done with and hopefully, I wouldn't have to return to do it again.

I had to admit that Enna's got a lot of strength inside her because she was balancing her exams and revision with tutoring me and yes, Id id use that as an excuse to not have tutoring with her. I even had the guys over a couple times so that they caused a shit tonne of mess and noise, but Josey scared them away so I was left defeated.

Since we had study leave, the timetable was more broad and instead of sleeping through until 1, I was awake at 11 and waiting for Enna to come at 1. Every time I saw her, it reminded me that she was going soon. We didn't talk about anything else other than studying, we left no room for it at all which was why it made it harder.

I wish I could say that I was the only one in the house, but Josey was here and so was Skye. They were asleep upstairs and I kid you not when I say that Josey woke up when Skye was crying and used her as my human alarm clock and it did work. It also worked at getting me pissed off, but of course neither cared.

While I waited, I went on my social media and then when I got bored of that I started drawing, except now I didn't know what to draw. This had been happening since I finished my art exam and got my canvas graded. I tried to blame it on the lack of things to worry about and that I needed a break, but it was because I was preoccupied.

I stared at my drawing and realised that I drew Enna without realising I had done so. I scrunched up the paper and chucked it towards the bin, but it missed. I sighed and pushed my chair back, taking my phone out and checking the time. It wasn't like her to be late, but then again it wasn't even 1pm.

I cursed at myself for hoping that she would come already because just as I stepped into the kitchen, the doorbell rang. A string of curses sounded from my mouth as I walked to the door, but I stopped and breathed before I opened the door and then walked to the front room. This had been a daily occurrence.

"Hi." She whispered as she came in to sit in the same space she had been sitting in since we began tutoring again. As per usual, she avoided my gaze while mine bore into her. She shifted nervously as took things out of her bag, my look probably alarming her sixth sense because she knew that I was looking at her.

"Are you ready to start?" I made a sound at the back of my throat, which was a sound of agreement and then we began. It was a long three hour tutoring lesson that prevented me from escaping, but at least I managed to stay alive through it.

The whole time we were going over certain things, my head started to hurt but I stayed put. If I held this off, the longer she would stay and that was not what I wanted to have. But then, when I looked at her, stealing a glance, I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat. My heart pumped against my chest furiously, but I ignored that too.

"Is there anything you'd like to go over?" For the first time in a long time, her eyes looked straight into mine. You wouldn't be able to miss the dark circles under her eyes, the red rimmed eyes she had. She lost the light in her eyes a long time ago, but now it seemed to never want to return. Enna wasn't Enna any more.