C H A P T E R 20

The Spring Break had ended up with me getting a fucking fever. I was having hot and cold flashes and I threw up a couple times too; sleep was not on my side and that brought me some kind of fucking peace. However, it meant that I was fucking exhausted when we came back and it didn't help that I was met with screaming children.

"Oh God, Joey!" Josey exclaimed when she looked at me, pulling Chelsie back when she tried to run at me. I gave her a deadpanned look, "Thanks sis. Always happy to see my family when I'm back from an amazing trip." I said, sniffling and groaning. Ava and Kian followed in suit, Ava still pissed off after I kicked her out of my room.

"Seems like Kian's the only one that actually had fun." Drew commented, nudging his head at his brother who was dancing like a freak with his earphones in his ears. He bent down and kissed Chelsie's forehead, shaked his non existent ass before kissing Josey's cheek and then Skye's and just as he went to kiss Drew's, Drew moved away.

"Joey, you need to go to bed." Josey said, walking to me and then putting a hand to my cheek but I shook it off and sneezed. Chelsie made an 'ew' sound and stepped back, but I smirked at her and put my bag down before I started chasing her around the bottom floor of the house while she screamed and tried to get away from me.

"Oh my gosh, who knew the boogeyman was real?" Drew whispered, then noticed Ava walking upstairs, well more like stomping. "What's wrong with her?" He asked, before placing Skye on the floor, where she started getting up and walking towards Chelsie. I eyed the little baby girl making sure she didn't fall.

"I don't know that much, but I can say that it is a long story." I told him and then grinned before heading upstairs, but Kian's fat ass decided to stop on the stairs and shake his ass in my face. "I swear I'm going to throttle you, hurry up!" I bellowed at the guy but he bent down a little more and started twerking on the stairs.

I huffed and pushed him, making him fall on the stairs. I turned around and started walking back downstairs, sniffling as I did so and just as Josey was about to ask where I was going, I answered her with a name and I guess I baffled everyone because there was no more noise behind me and no more shouts of protest.

It took me around two minutes to get to the car because I felt so sick, so ill and unable to move properly. The drive there was much smoother because I rarely had to move my feet but my hand was aching so much, I didn't even know why. I didn't know why I was even going to her house, I would have gone to Millie's house because...drugs, but I think that's what was making me sick.

I started to feel cold really quickly, but I didn't want to turn the heat up in the car because I was already feeling sweaty. I hated getting ill, I'm sure everyone pretty much did but then again, they loved not going to school and having that day off; I could pretty much take any day off if I wanted to but so close to exams, I couldn't any more.

As soon as I parked my car in Enna's driveway, I noticed how her Aunt Addie's car was still missing and made a note to myself that I needed to visit the woman for myself with a handful of roses and preferably when I'm not ill. I groaned when I got to the car and continued to curse as I walked to Enna's front door, knocking three times but slowly.

She opened it a couple seconds after and it was like I had suddenly woken up from whatever exhaustion I was in. That was because in front of me, Enna was in a tight black dress and heels with...with no glasses on but contacts. I blinked a couple times and then took a step back to make sure that I was at the right house before looking at her, watching her bite her lip.

"Jesus Enna, you look..." I sneezed just as I was about to compliment her. Ah, Jesus was on my side for once then and stopping me from complimenting the nerd. She winced a little when she saw me sneeze and then moan out a curse. "Joey...are you okay? Stupid question, Es tut mir Leid." She said to me and I raised my eyebrows at her before I felt myself falling.