C H A P T E R 38

One thing I missed about not going to school was waking up in the morning. My behaviour is considered illegal, but what about waking up at this hour? I groaned as I turned in my bed and faced my window, hanging next to it was a painting I drew. My eyes automatically closed and I groaned really loudly, my voice insanely deep then throwing the sheets away from me.

All that registered in my mind was the padding of my feet and the packing of food and some books that were heavily scribbled on as well as a pen, nobody had a full pencil case towards the end of the year! Well nobody apart from Enna! Shit, I completely, forgot about Enna. I ran back upstairs to get my phone, turning it on.

I knew that I would a lot of messages and calls from my friends because I was coming back today, that was all they knew since I had pretty much avoided them and hung out with Enna. I knew Eli probably already knew that much because his mom saw me yesterday, but I had to turn my phone off to avoid further questioning.

I scrolled through my contact list, already panicking that she hadn't called me. Wait, I was panicking? Yes, you are because she is your friend and that's what friends do. I began to worry more when her phone went straight to voicemail and I cursed myself for not actually staying at the hospital last night.

I managed to rush a little more and thankfully go out of the door before anybody woke up, yes I was that early today. It didn't even process in my mind that I was going to school because I was so on edge about where Enna was and I decided that I should at least go and see if she was home yet, or maybe she was at the hospital?

"For fuck's sake." I cursed as I got into my car, putting my bag in the passenger's side. I couldn't afford to be late on my first day back because that would reflect really badly on my report and there would be a chance that the principal would be on my ass about it, I knew she wanted to have a reason to get on me anyway.

My eyes burned with the cold breeze drifting through the slits of the windows that I had opened just a little bit to wake me up and so far it was working, but it didn't make me get off the topic of Enna. The closer I got to the school the more I thought about turning back and heading to the hospital instead or going to her house, but would she leave the hospital?

I knew she was close to her aunt, she wouldn't dare leave her at this time. I might not have known Enna for a long time but I knew her morals, I knew her deeper side and that was important enough for me to forget about the rest of it. She could hide from the world all she wanted, but she wouldn't be able to hide from me.

My body seemed to be falling into the state of not bothering to get up or out of the car because as soon as I parked the car, I felt so tired. A lot of people walked past my car and of course, all that knew me, knew what car I drove so it was a problem to stay sitting in the car because I guarantee a lot of people would come up and knock on my windows.

I could see some of them turning around to double check if this was my car before whispering to their friends, or quickly looking away in case I was already looking at them. Living the celebrity life by being the baddest.

I forced myself to grab my bag and get out the car. My hood instantly went over my head as I locked the car, then headed over to the big ass building that instantly made bile rise up my throat. all I had to think about was passing finals and then never having to come back here again, or fail and then be here for a billion more years.

There was a good twenty minutes left before class was going to start and I debated on whether I should reply to any one of the guys. It's not like I wanted to keep them out of the loop, but I just didn't want them to get involved with the asshole still out there. He was a weakling for sure, but with the amount of help he had, he was powerful.