C H A P T E R 11

It was a suffocating sensation being sat next to the nerd. The serious questions didn't start yet, but each basic question that was asked, we both had lied and we both knew it. It was like the simple things in our lives didn't matter to either of us, so why lie you may ask? That was the very question I was asking myself.

Looking at the nerd, I hadn't understood her a lot due to the fact that she was constantly looking out at the water. Her back was straight and she hadn't dared to slouch like I had been doing after a while of finding a comfortable position to sit in. There was no thinking about how this girl would surprise me a lot, but lying had been another thing.

"You lie on God's day." I told her, knowing I was being a hypocrite. Her head turned to me and a small smile played along her lips when her eyes slid to mine. An eyebrow had rose as she began to start talking. "You say that as if you're an angel, in God's eyes." I smirked and leaned my head against the pole, not looking at her anymore.

"I like to think that I am, but how many times can one person forgive a sinner for doing the same sin over and over again?" She released a small sigh and I knew that's where the questions of our lives would begin. Funny how the nerd and I were sitting side by side, or opposite each other, and spilling our life stories.

"I think the right quote is 'not seven times, but seventy-seven times'." She answered and I took my head off the pole and looking at the side of her face, which looked to be pleased with her answer. However, she did turn to me and looked as if she was asking for confirmation from me, how ironic.

"I'm impressed by your knowledge. Your turn to ask me a question, nerd." Her eyes turned back to the water, as if she had found some kind of peace lurking there judging by the look on her face. She didn't say anything for quite a bit of time, but I would give her patience because after all, she did fix my car even though it took a long time.

"Why all the tattoos before you hit twenty?" She questioned, still looking out at the river. My lips had curled out of habit of frustration. The question had actually made me think for once in my life about why I had all these tattoos before a certain age, so I answered with the next best thing that I could think of. "Why not?"

"I thought the main point of tattoos was to ink your skin permanently with memories throughout life as a whole." She did have a point there, but this was the nerd that everyone had been familiar with yet not everyone knew about. "They are there for life and they cause you pain, but they are there permanently, are they not?"

"Each to their own. Everyone has a different reason for having etched their skin with ink and turning away from giving blood." The smile had full blown onto her face as her hand brushed against the part of her arm where blood was normally taken out. "I wish to tattoo my skin to relive the pain of what I have lived, so I paint my skin of what my imagination holds.

"It's not just for show, it's for myself. To make myself remember that I have some sort of talent that I can display to people, but also a fucked up reminder to myself." She didn't question further, nor did she look at me. "That's one part of the bad boy persona of yours that has been explained to me, I guess."

I made a sound at the back of my throat, something mirroring a scoff. "So nerd, what's got you doing all these jobs? A librarian, a tutor and now I find you're mechanic as well as a regular blood donor?" The images of her spread eagle on my car had made my dick stir, but I didn't bother shifting so I looked out at the river, squinting when the light hit.

"It keeps me busy. With the knowledge I have, I don't want to be working at one job for the rest of my life; I want to experience everything there is so that everything I've learnt doesn't go to waste. Each job gives me happiness; librarian because I love reading, a tutor was a first but, I like it because helping people is one of the things that keeps me feeling...