C H A P T E R 32

A withdrawal. I was in the hospital because of withdrawal, my body couldn't handle it anymore and I just collapsed when everything got a little too excited. Thankfully on my part though, I was able to survive...again. Although, I did get a slap on the head from Drew because I made Josey cry non stop and even she slapped me. The pain is too real.

The doctors had ordered me to stay in the hospital for a couple more days, which I shouldn't be complaining about but I was. I hated hospital, really fucking hated them because they reminded me that people came in here when they were sick and they were either going to stay here for a long term or they weren't going to be here very long and either way, I didn't like it.

A tiny, tiny part of me wanted to go back to school. Yes, I admit that a tiny part of me wanted to go back into that hell hole, walk into the dirty cafeteria, smell the gross food that was made and sit on the same table I sat on with my friends. Right now, I even swear that my heart dropped to my stomach thinking about the people that had no clue I was in the hospital.

I told Josey and Drew not to tell any of them that I was in the hospital, that I was just resting at home and needed to stay there on my own for a bit. Thankfully, my wish was respected but I knew the guys...I knew that they were going to come sooner or later and fuck me up again and I couldn't wait, but I just needed time away.

My mind wandered to everything else that I had missed out on, like the subjects...okay, I didn't really miss anything but art obviously. My fingers had itched to draw something, which was an improvement considering that I normally would have been wanting to crave a smoke instead. I really should be enjoying these last few days in solitude but I kept thinking about someone else.

The nerd, my nerd. For some reason, this possession had washed over me and I wanted to see her more than I wanted to see my own friends. I missed teasing her, I missed actually seeing her and the way we left things made me want to just...just go visit her. It was a shitty thing to say considering that I felt more than that, but I really actually missed the fucking nerd.

I asked about her to Josey, not caring about the look she gave me when I asked, but was told she hadn't heard anything from Enna in a long time. For me, I found that odd because she wasn't the type of person to just break contact with anyone and then I thought of the worst. It always would return to that point where I thought she...she did it.

That, or Oliver had come back to do something but from what I had heard so far, he was arrested because he was possessing cocaine with him. I was going to admit that Enna was on my mind for a long time, especially since we had gotten closer these past couple months, but then again, it could have just been the drugs talking...the meds I mean.

"Joey, I drew this." My attention turned towards Chelsie who was holding out a paper with a drawing of all of us in it. I looked at her, a big smile on her face waiting for my compliment. I just pulled her into me and kissed her forehead. "Good try, fatso." She wriggled out of my hold and glared at me.

"Be nice to her, Joey." Josette said, scrolling through her phone while holding a sleeping Skye. I pulled a face at Josey, instantly making her look up at me. "Be nice to me too, you realise how I'm sitting here and being nice to you...you realise I can change that in an instant." It was my turn to sulk now.

"Enna came by yesterday." My eyes flickered to Josey's, who held a smile on her face as she was looking down at her phone. Even Chelsie had a small smile on her face and just as she was about to say something, I put my hand over her mouth to stop her. "What did she say? And don't say some lie in order to 'bring us together'." I said to her, with a monotone voice.

"Since you've missed a lot of school," There was obvious distaste tone when she spoke. "Enna has offered to tutor you again, just as long as you focus and not flirt with her." There was another hint of smiling on Josey's face, making me roll my eyes while Chelsie giggled into my hand.

"Very funny. She didn't say anything, did she? What about the guys? Did they call up again or did they even call up to see how I was?" I questioned, knowing the answer but a part of me was saying that they had moved on from caring. Then again, I was doped up on meds in order to keep me calm so there was no telling what I was really feeling.

"No, Enna didn't say anything else but she did seem distant when she was talking to me. Is everything okay with her? Should I bake her something, isn't that what people normally do as an act of kindness?" Josey drifted off in her sentence, forgetting about my other question until I cleared my throat. "Your friends called up, again. When are you going to tell them what really happened?"

I wasn't even sure about the answer to that question. I didn't even know why I decided to not tell them anything, but then again, I was being odd with all my decisions. "Yeah, everything is fine with the nerd...she's just missing me, that's all." I smirked when Josey rolled her eyes. I took my hand off Chelsie's mouth and she got off the bed and went to Skye.

"Visit her, Joey. What's the worst that could happen?"