Chapter 9- Under the stars

I ran all the way to my apartment in excitement. I ran into my room, grabbing a small bag and chucked all of my things into it. I ran out, running down the stairs but quickly stopping half way.

"Shit I forgot to say bye to Jack" I said to myself.

I turned around running back up to the stairs, Jack was sitting in his room smoking cigarettes and listening to records.

"Where you going y/n?" he noticed my bag.

"I'm going to Tulsa with Dallas".

"Your going where? With who?" He said quickly sitting up.

"You know Tulsa, it won't be long and I'm seeing Two-bit, you know my cousin" I said running to him hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Jack!" I shouted running back out.

I ran all the way to the parking lot where Dally said to meet him. I saw his car, well I think it was his car it was probably borrowed or stolen. I opened the door and jumped in.

"Man I'm so exited" I said, I hadn't seen Two-bit in ages and I was so excited to see him and meet the gang. Dally would always talk about them, especially Johnny. I looked over to see Dally had no bags or nothing.

"Where's your bags?" I questioned.

"Already there" he said lighting a cigarette.

We were in Dally's car, well Dally's borrowed car, we had the music up all the way as I was singing along. He was driving fast and the wind was blowing my hair, I felt free. It felt like it was only me and Dallas in this world and I loved it.

The whole time Dally had his hand on my thigh. It was a 20 hour drive and it was now midnight we were both tired even though I fell asleep a couple of times in the car. I didn't know where we were but I didn't care as long as I was with Dally I felt safe.

We stopped the car and got out for a cigarette, we were both sitting on the bonnet of the car smoking cigarettes and watching the stars. I leaned back so now I was lying on the bonnet of his car, he did the same and pulled me closer to him.

"So who's your favourite in the gang?" I asked breaking the silence but still admiring the stars.

"What?" He said turning to me, so now he was on his side facing me. He started to play with my hair, making me smile.

I now turned to him so I was laying on my side also facing him.

"If you had to pick a favourite out of the gang who would it be?" I repeated my self, getting lost in his dreamy eyes.

He turned back so now he was facing up looking at the stars, he took a drag of his cigarette, staying silent for a couple of minutes.

"Johnny" he said still looking at the stars.

"Have you ever been in love Dallas?" I asked admiring him.

"Let's get some sleep doll" he said putting out his cigarette.

~Dally's POV~
I didn't know what to say to her once she asked me that, so I just ignored her.

"Let's get some sleep" I said hoping she would forget about it.

She slowly closed her eyes, falling asleep. It was cold out and I noticed she was shivering. I took off my brown leather jacket and put it over her. I lied next to her admiring her.

"Goodnight Dallas Winston" she whispered.

"Night Doll", I fell asleep under the stars, admiring y/n.