Chapter 20- Excitement

Me and Dally walked down the quiet, dark streets, having small conversations. It was nice talking to him again.

We were outside of the drive-ins, not a person or car to be seen. I dragged my fingers along the fence as the cold air hit my face. All I had on was a skirt and a short shirt, I guess Dally could tell I was cold.

"Jesus Doll your freezing" Dally said as he took off his brown leather jacket and put it over me. I could feel a smile appear on my face.

We sat down on a curb, there was a silence for a couple of minutes. I looked over to see Dally fiddling with the ring on his finger.

"So did they found out who killed Bob Sheldon?" I tried starting up a conversation.

"Yeah it was one of the Shepard boys" he said still looking down at his ring.

It was just me and Dallas sitting on the curb as the moonlight hit our faces. I looked over to Dally, admiring how good he looked in the moonlight. The moonlight made him look even younger.

Not knowing what to say, Dally finally broke the silence.

"Let's get back to the party, Sodapop's probably wondering where you are".

I had totally forgot about Sodapop. Being with Dallas made me forget about everything, he made me feel someway that no one else could. There was something special about him, probably the soft side of him that no one saw that much.

We had got back to the party. Dally opened the door for me, putting a small smile on my face. I walked in, suddenly stopping as the smile faded away.

My eyes caught onto Sodapop, his face was shoved into some other girls face, they were making out passionately. I didn't know what to feel, I mean I was sad but I expected it to happen.

I walked out the door with no emotion on my face. It felt like I wasn't ever really that good enough to be with Sodapop. That girl was probably way prettier than I would ever be, she probably was way smarter as well.

Some girls around here would kill to be with Sodapop, yet one day I show up and we're dating. Our relationship was rushed, it didn't have the excitement I had when I was with Dally.

I mean Sodapop is an amazing person and I love him, but just as friends. I don't want to ruin my friendship with Sodapop.

I got interrupted from my thoughts, as a voice came up behind me.

"Hey, I saw what happened in there with Sodapop" I turned to see Dally there, out of breath, I guess he had been running to catch up to me.

"I knew it was going to happen someday" I kicked a pebble on the road.

"I mean I love Sodapop, but nothing more than friends you know" I said looking up to him as there was a little smile on his face.

I stopped walking and leaned against a fence, crossing my arms.

"He didn't give me excitement like this other guy did" I smiled. He grabbed the fence with both of his hands over my body, trapping me against the fence, I liked it.

"Oh yeah, and where is this guy right now?" He said getting closer to me.

"Right in front of me" I said as my lips smashed against his. Memories flowed back into my head of when I first kissed him. He made adrenaline pump through my blood. The touch of his lips sent shivers down my neck.

It turned into a passionate make out, I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up against the fence. I wrapped my legs around his waist as our lips were still connected. My hands slid through his soft brown hair as he started kissing my neck.

Our lips separated as he gave me his famous grin. He was still holding me in his hands as I played with his hair. He gently set me down grabbing my hand, walking me back to Two-bits.