Chapter 22- times like these

It was a really hot day in Tulsa. Me and the boys were sitting down in the living room, drowning in our own sweat. PonyBoy had gotten there crappy, old broken fan out that hardly even worked.

"Jesus don't you guys have a pool or something around here?" I said wiping the sweat off of my forhead.

"You think we would have a pool around here" Steve said fanning himself with the newspaper Darry was reading.

"Well there is that lake, about a 15 minute drive or something" PonyBoy said looking up from the book he was reading.

"Oh please can we go Darry!" I begged.

"I don't know" Darry said going back to his newspaper.

"Please, please, please. Come on Darry, we're gonna die from the heat. Please, please-" I stood up kneeling in front on Darry, begging him before he cut me off.

"Oh fine" a little smile appeared on his face which made me smile. I hugged him tightly, making him laugh.

-

It was me, Dally, Johnny and PonyBoy in the car Buck let Dally borrow. In Darry's car was Sodapop, Two-bit and Steve.

Dally was driving fast, making the wind blow through my hair, I closed my eyes and put my hands up, feeling free. 'Dancing Queen' played on the radio which got me real excited. I started waving my hands up and dancing in my seat as Dally, Johnny and Pony laughed.

"You can dance. You can jive. Having the time of your life. Ooh see that girl. Watch that scene. Dig in the dancing queen!" I kept on singing. Dallas was tapping his fingers along to the beat on the wheel, while Johnny and PonyBoy were laughing in the back.

I felt drunk, drunk on plain air.

-

We had finally got there, it was only a 15 minute drive but felt way longer. We hopped out of the car and started to unpack our things. We only had stuff like chairs, beers, some food etc.

Before me and Two-bit quickly went home to grab some things, so I had my bathers underneath my clothes already.

I lifted off my shirt and unzipped my pants. I looked up to see all of the boys staring at me except Two-bit because he was to busy drinking all the beers and Darry who was to busy trying to figure out how to set up his chair.

"What?" I cocked an eyebrow. They all quickly looked away pretending they weren't looking in the first place, well of course not Dally he was to busy looking me up and down with a grin glued to his face.

I had a red one piece on, I'm surprised I actually packed bathers. I ran past the boys and cannonballed into the lake, shooting back up from the water.

"So you coming in or what?" I shouted. They tore their shirts off as they ran into the water. They started rough housing each other, which made me laugh.

I got a glimpse of Dally's abs which made me grin to myself. Dally turned to me as he splashed me with water.

"What you grinning at?" He asked.

"Did you just splash me?" I smiled, ignoring his question.

He quickly grabbed me, I tried to escape him but I was to weak from laughter. He picked me up over his shoulder, throwing me across the water. Two-bit caught me as he shoved me under water, I quickly sprang up as I tackled him, we were all dying from laughter.

Times like these made me happy, they made me happy.