Chapter 1 - A Chance for Redemption

A painting by a famous artist hanged on the wall, it reminded him of a man he hated. The rest of the decoration followed the pattern of luxury, fit for a king, and he looked out the window, at a glimpse of his empire.
It had been a few years since Giorno Giovanna had conquered his empire, which had since then grown much more powerful and influential. He sat at his chair, with a cup of tea on the desk in front of him, contemplating his life, thinking about the task for the day.

As he sat there, his stand gave itself permission to be summoned, and it wasted no time talking to Giorno.

"Master Giovanna, I would like to discuss a matter with you."

"Requiem, of course, what would that be?"

"It's about him. I think he might have suffered enough."

Giorno's calm demeanor suddenly faded into visible shock, then irritation.

"No. Whatever it is, I will not allow it."

"Think about it master, there is no reason to keep him that way forever, I could just end it and it wouldn't affect this world. All I got to do is..."

"Gold Experience, NO! I will not set him free, and that is final!"

He rose from the chair and walked towards the door.

"What about Doppio...?"

Giorno stopped, he didn't dare to face his own stand.
"He wasn't anything more than a pawn, was he? He didn't deserve his destiny, did he?"

He contemplated the possibility for a moment, lost in his own thoughts for a minute.

"But in the end, it is your decision, Master."

Still facing the door, he found the resolve to announce his decision:

"Very well, Gold Experience, I'll allow it. Just as long as it doesn't affect this world, you can do whatever you want."

"As you wish, Master Giovanna."

...and as Giorno walked through the door, the deed was already done.

***

Stabbed by a drug addict
Woken up during own dissection
Hit by a car
Falling from a high building
Shot dead by a robber
Accident at a wood mill
Plane crash
Electric Chair
Thrown into the lake with concrete on both feet

"When will this end?"

Punched through the torso by his own stand

"When will my punishment end?"

A flash of light, a moment of rest

"Am I dreaming?"

A golden figure approached him

"Is it over?"

The Golden One with the Requiem Arrow on its forehead spoke to him:

"I will give you a chance of redemption."

And he fell unconscious.

***

He woke up inside a dark room, on the ground. The pain of many deaths was no longer there, and the fear had been replaced by a cautious mix of relief and intrigue.