Chapter 14 - The Wake of Poseidon

"I, Jade Sinfield, will be your final trial!"

   Jade stepped forward, standing confidently before Doppio and Diavolo. His arrogant eyes observed the duo in absolute dismissal. Diavolo turned to Doppio, who nodded as he watched Epitaph's vision through his bangs.

   Doppio saw Jade, getting hit by King Crimson, falling to his knees and spitting blood as Diavolo stood before him, mocking his inability. He smiled diabolically, now looking at Diavolo, slowly nodding at him.

   "Go ahead, Boss. You're safe."
   He thought, safe in his assumption.

   Diavolo found that rather strange. He thought to himself, questioning Doppio's vision.

   "Wait a moment, this can't be right, something strange must happen after I hit him!"

   He shot Doppio an inquisitive look, as to ask if that could possibly be true. Doppio gave him a thumbs up, manifesting Epitaph in his forehead to assure him that the vision was final. Despite remaining doubtful, Diavolo decided to trust him.

   "I believe in Doppio. We are going to finish this quickly."

   He carefully approached Jade, who stood still. However suspicious he was, Diavolo felt no killing intent or threatening aura from the man. As he got closer, another glimpse of Jade's stand appeared behind him, prompting Diavolo to summon King Crimson, who began attacking quickly.

"Take this! King Crimson!"

   King Crimson's fist was about to hit Jade when something strange happened to Diavolo's vision. Although it remained intact in quality, his point of view suddenly changed. He could see Doppio, looking at him in excitement, before noticing a blue arm touching him and a sharp pain in the torso. Doppio's expression changed at the same moment to one of desperation.

   King Crimson was no longer out, and Diavolo fell to the ground, on his knees, spitting blood on the floor. Jade stood before him.

   "Poor Diavolo... Did you actually think it was gonna be this easy? Pathetic."

   Confused, Diavolo summoned King Crimson once more, and with screaming rage, swang at Jade's chin. Once more, his point of view changed, as the same blue arm connected to his jaw and made him fall on his back. Jade stood before him, chuckling.

   "BOSS!"

   In a blind rage, Diavolo tried once more, summoning his stand for a third time as it had disappeared again, ready to hit Jade in the middle of the chest. His vision changed again, as he was pushed back with great pain in the torso. He spat more blood on the ground and cleaned his mouth, before staring terrified at the man.

   "Wha-  What the hell...?"

   Jade was standing in front of him, cracking his knuckles as he stared back at Diavolo with a sadistic grin. Beside him, his stand took form. With the body like King Crimson, it was cobalt blue with a Teal wave pattern over it. It wore a matte golden piece of armor that covered both of its shoulders and the upper part of its chest, with a green gem in the middle. A mask covered its mouth, with three protuberating points forming a tall trident golden crown.

   "What is going on?!"

   "Your demise is final, Diavolo. Now it is only a matter of time. Let's see how long you last, shall we?"

   Diavolo's face distorted in anger, as he summoned King Crimson once more, preparing to charge at Jade. Seeing this, Doppio attempted to stop him.