CHAPTER TWO. HATERS

"Welcome home, Amanda." The boy sitting on the kitchen island greeted the moment Adrian pulled the doors open, he hissed and met the boy's hateful stare head-on. "What's the matter, Amanda?" The boy asked, making the ebony-skinned one sitting beside him to chuckle while staring at his phone as if it was what he saw on the phone that made him laugh. Adrian was too tired, the last thing he needed right now was to let his roommates get on his nerves. Both boys have never liked him since the day Oliver had brought him home. Well, at least Noah tries not to make it so obvious but Famous is the worst. Adrian had been in a fight with the boy more times than he could count. He just sighed and walked on. "Cat's got your tongue?" The boy laughed.

"Look, Famous, I am too tired to get annoyed by you this morning. I'm going to bed." With that said, Adrian left them sniggering to themselves like little kids who have just stolen candy from a candy store.

"Hey buddy, how goes it?" Oliver called from the living room, his eyes not leaving the TV show he was so focused on.

"Good, beat, dead, I need a bed." Adrian yawned and made a turn for the bedroom.

"Hey, just a sec, dude," Oliver yelled and reluctantly sat up and rushed over to him. Adrian smiled knowing that whatever it was he needed to say must be pretty important since it made him leave TV.

"Sup?" He asked.

"Look, dude, Alison is coming over tonight." The boy said nervously while rubbing at the back of his neck. Adrian didn't need any further pieces of information. It means the man needed space with his girlfriend although he sleeps on the floor with his sleeping bag still doesn't mean he wants to be there when a woman is around, he's had enough of those days.

"No problem, I'll just move my things to the living room." Adrian smiled. It's no big deal, they have done this a lot of times. But, it seems there was more since Oliver still stood in front of him, rubbing the back of his neck his eyes glued to the floor. "What?" Adrian asked.

"You see, the thing is, she won't be leaving until...Sunday." Oliver whispered. This actually made Adrian laugh. Both he, Oliver and Noah are of the same age, the youngest of them all been Famous who's just a year younger and the most troublesome.

"Hey, it's no biggie, come on. I'll make the living room my space for the next couple of days, its cool, besides I work night shifts." Adrian replied nonchalantly.

Oliver felt bad knowing that Famous brings friends around all the time and if Adrian were to be asleep in the living room, it won't be a comfortable rest as Famous would make sure he doesn't get enough sleep, but he also needed to have his girlfriend around. He hasn't seen her in months and he was desperately in need to get some.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. He had no idea why he did but he felt like he needed to.

"It's cool, now can I go to bed?" Adrian asked with a smile. Oliver just nodded and moved aside for him to pass.

Once Adrian made it into the bedroom, he quickly threw his backpack down and pulled out his sleeping bag from the closet and then set it up and climbed in. He was almost far gone in dreamland when a loud bang jolted him from sleep. He sat up straight and looked around him for a while trying to make sense of what it was that had woken him up. It didn't take too long to know what was happening. Oliver was having an argument with none other than his royal highness. Out of curiosity, Adrian got up and walked out of the bedroom, the door was open so he didn't need to be extremely discreet as he made his way through the small passage and hid behind the wall, while he eavesdropped on them.

"I don't want her around here anymore!" Famous yelled. Adrian rolled his eyes and then made to turn around and head into the room. This wouldn't be the first time Oliver had to have this fight with the boy. He just couldn't understand what his problem was.