CHAPTER THIRTEEN. BLOODY AND WOUNDED.

He wore nothing but a pair of brown shorts as he paced the huge bedroom in his private chambers. He hasn't gone home in three days because he just couldn't find that desire to go home.

To what would he go home to?

Four days ago Adrian and Billy had gone missing. He has visited all the dog shelters around, reported with animal control, hung fly-posters as he went around the entire neighborhood, the media are aware, he even involved the police and yet no one has seen his precious dog.

After the second day of going around in search of his dog, Andrew had insisted he stopped since every move he makes is captured and assumptions are speculated and rumors fly. He drank so much that even his most tasteful wine has become sour in his mouth. He has cried and he just couldn't cry anymore. The only emotions he felt currently was anger. Anger to his inability to find the two most important aspects of his living.

The man groaned loudly and punched a hole into the thousands he's left in three days.

"The walls didn't offend you." A low voice spoke from behind him and he turned to meet his best friend. He was happy to see him as he was certain the man would bring news having just returned from a meeting with the chief of police.

Andrew hasn't been in his best of moods either as his best friend suffered. He desperately wanted to end his suffering and give him back his precious, but even he was useless at this point.

"Any new development?" Elijah asked sitting on his bed.

"Same as always," Andrew replied, disappointment written all over his face at the thoughts of letting the man down, again.

"What?" Elijah whispered as if he hadn't heard him.

"Since Billy is an aggressive dog especially with strangers, they still believe that Adrian took him and since we can't find Adrian we can't say for certain that Billy is missing and again, Billy wears a tag around his neck one that has your direct number, name, and home address, so if anyone was to have found him, they would have called or brought him home, that also made the police strongly feel that he left with someone he knew, some he trusts and that someone is Adrian."

"That is ridiculous!" Elijah yelled in frustration.

"I know and that was why I told him that Adrian has been missing since the day he saw that picture but they didn't think he is missing."

"What?"

"Well, according to the police, Adrian is an adult and he may have just skipped town because of that picture and because of what it might cost him if people were to find out, so it's very likely that he may have just decided to relocate to another place somewhere no one knows him and to perhaps start anew. I mean, it does seem logical to me."

"No, no, no!" Elijah disagreed shaking his head vigorously.

"What?" Andrew asked confused.

"Not with my dog, he couldn't have gone out of town with my dog and I know that he wouldn't have gone out of town without telling me or his best friend Oliver or even the old man. It's not possible, they assured me that Adrian wouldn't do that, he wasn't that kind of a person. He left Jonathan's number and home address with Oliver for fucking crying out loud, he's responsible and he would do no such thing as to leave town without informing any of these two!"

All the while Elijah spoke Andrew listened carefully and the man was right. It was just too bad the kind of family the poor boy had. Had they been different then they would know their child and brother better and if any of this didn't make sense then they were the perfect people to report a missing person and give reasons tangible enough to have the police out and searching for the boy but Adrian had no such luck, the first day he had visited his family was the day he hoped the boy was safe so that he and Elijah may give him a family one that he had never had.