Humpty Dumpty Sat On The Wall Part 2

Lock and Ted quickly found themselves captured and tied up, since an eve without an angel and a boy who can't lift half his own body weight aren't the strongest of opponents. Opposing them sat Narcissa Morpheus and Duke Cutler, both comfortably tucked into their armchairs. Lock's mouth was free, but Ted's had a rag in it.

"I'm truly sorry it has to be done this way, you know," the doctor said, a warm smile on her face. "All we need from you is Samael, Lock - that's all. There's no need to fight us on this, really. You wouldn't believe the danger Samael poses to you."

"Yeah," the boy spat, "I would. I know I'm dead within the month."

Cutler's surprised showed, but his wife remained composed. "Now, who could have told you that? Your uncle? Yes, I'm certain it was him."

"Guess you'll have to stick to guessing."

"You're only hurting your father by acting like this, you know."

"Like either of us cares about that."

"What do you mean?" Narcissa asked, leaning forward.

"He doesn't care about me, and I don't care about him."

She smirked at Duke Cutler, who seemed to be confused.

A shadow appeared on the floor in the middle of the room, and the two remaining sleepers emerged from it. Abaddon, as usual, was the first to speak. "You caught the kitten!" she crowed, cackling like a lunatic. "Not smart, boy - coming here, gettin' caught. Who was it? Who caught him? Master will be pleased with them - yes he will!"

"Who do you think?" snapped Narcissa. "He is in our home."

"You want me to believe you caught these two?" Abby scoffed. "You, whose angel only heals? I don't believe it. Even us three couldn't capture them!"

"Yes," Duke Cutler interjected. "Your failure was quite spectacular."

The sleeper brought her now burning hand close to the man's face. "The only reason you're still alive is because master finds your incompetence amusing. Now, tell me - tell me who did it!" She whirled around, circling the two bound boys like a predatory cat. "Who caught the kittens?"

"We did!" Narcissa repeated.

"Liar! You're just trying to get the glory!"

"She's lying, yes," Lock said, leaning his head back to get a look at the curly-haired menace. "Though I won't tell you who did it."

Abaddon grinned down at him. "As if your words matter, boy. The master will draw the truth right out of you."

"Sebastian can't do a damn thing to me."

Blinking in confusion for a few moments, Abby started cackling again, clutching her stomach in the process. "You think - you think Sebastian is our master?" Another round of cackling filled the room, and the mansion's owners gave her annoyed looks.

"I heard them talking about him," the boy explained, gesturing toward Narcissa and Duke with his chin. "I know they're scared of him. You can stop lying."

Putting her fingers across Lock's neck, Abaddon pressed down a bit. "Oh, he's a dangerous man, alright. Lots to fear from Sebastian. But our master, he is not, boy. Pray you live to meet the man we serve, so that you may learn what danger really is."

"Enough," said Wave, finally deciding to use his voice. "Bring out Samael, boy. We're not messing around this time."

Before lock could respond, Abaddon spoke again, releasing her hold on him. "Oh, don't bother. He's the stubborn type, alright! He'll die before giving it willingly!"