intro

hi! ty for reading my story! any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated, along with criticism or corrections. the chapters are about 1000 words each, some a bit longer.

backstory:

i first wrote this story when I was somewhere between 4th and 6th grade. I completely forgot about it, but rather recently checked in to see it's racked up some decent views. I'm now in high school, so the idea of a terrible first draft of my writing existing bothered me greatly. therefore, I've done a deep edit on it, but that's only the second draft. I'm sure I'll revise it again at some point, but if you're a second time reader, I hope you enjoy this redo! the original plot and characters remain the same, just some grammar and phrasing issues. some big changes include:

1. a lot of times it was hard to tell which character was speaking. I think I've fixed this now.

2. there was wayyy too much unrealistic fluff here, and I prefer writing characters who are tortured (lol). while some fluff remains, I've tried to make it more realistic and less, well, fluffy.

3. about 3 more chapters were added due to the heavy editing

4. the suicide issue. the first draft here didn't include the hospital trip and as heavy of an aftermath. I've added the hospital visit to give a more accurate and less glorified portrayal of mental health. it bothered me that theo tried to do something so horrific, and pretty much left tanner to comfort him. please, if you're struggling, reach out! my dms are always open and I'm here for you, forever.

also, lil blurb; as I previously said- I wrote this book when I was much a wee babe so it's not my favorite, but a lot of people like it for which I am quite grateful!!! however, if u don't like it, PLZ give me another chance and maybe try reading my more recent book: I'm Goode. updates weekly! any votes, comments, or even views would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, lovely readers, for giving assigned emotion a shot. i hope it lived up to your expectations, and PLEASE give me criticism on how I can improve it, I beg. i love you, rock on!!!

-jaffie

warnings: suicidal thoughts / attempt, depression, strong language

copyright:

copyright © 2016-2022 by citrusfemale or bisexual.salamander

all rights reserved

no part of this book or any portion thereof can be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the permission of the author, except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or advertisement.

this book is a work of fiction. all characters and situations are fictional. any resemblance to actual people, places and events are coincidental.