Chapter 5: I should've known better

**A/N Hey guys undisputed here, I burnt myself out really quickly over writing... but after talking with some close friends I've met on this app they helped me realize that I was focusing on the wrong things leading when starting out, I was expecting immediate results and instant popularity but in reality that wasn't gonna happen no matter how bad or good my writing is, so thank you, you know who you are. In terms of this chapter, there will be a little bit of happiness and good things starting to happen, but it will be a little more of a sad chapter so prepare the tissue boxes. I hope y'all enjoy the chapter A/N**

*Wednesday, 1 day after last chapter*

The past 24 hours for Jackson has been his best 24 hours he could remember, he was finally feeling accepted for the first time in his life, the nursing home that his grandparents moved into was a blessing for Jackson, as he finally had one second to himself, and on top of that, after hearing his story, the nursing home installed a proper heating and air conditioning system in the grandparents house. Now Jackson had the house to himself, but he still kept it in tip top shape and spotless, all while still working for some money from his neighbours, now that he has the house to himself he will finally get to watch tv at his house for the first time in years.

One of the only problems that Jackson found annoying is that since he had a summer birthday he had to wait 8 more months to get his G1 license, with his G1 license he gets the ability to drive with parent or adult above 18 in the car with him... but there was a problem with that, but luckily one of the neighbours that grew close to him told him that they would take him to practice driving and they would pay for the test fees for his G1 and G2 license, once he gets his g2 license 8 months after his G1 he can drive by himself anywhere.

So with that being said, Jackson wakes up to realize that he almost slept through his alarm, with that being said, he also set it for 5:30 AM when his first period class didn't start until 8:05, he wanted to wake up super early to celebrate this next chapter in his life and he did so by making a huge breakfast for himself, his breakfast consisted of an omelette, 2 scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, home fries (potatoes chopped in cube-like shapes and fried, 10/10 should try them yourself), and of course two huge pancakes, of course he knew this was way too much for one person even if it was an offensive linemen to eat, but he didn't care, he had bits of everything, he was enjoying being able to enjoy breakfast looking out the sliding door heading out to the backyard patio, he would go outside if it wasn't the middle of winter. Jackson was enjoying his time but felt a sudden rush of sadness and loneliness, almost like what he used to feel when he's had to sleep in driveways and inside sheds of random peoples properties.

Jackson wanted to snap out of this trance immediately, so he wiped his fingers cause they had a bit of syrup and butter on them from eating messy, and he pulled out his phone, Theo had given him his old phone yesterday at lunch because he remembered he said he's never had a phone, so sure it was an older iPhone 5s, compared to his 7++, but he didn't care as Jackson was always so grateful for anything he was given or received whether it was free or costed him a lot of money, as we unlocked the phone he went through his recently created social medias snapchat, instagram, facebook, and twitter. Nothing new was there since his only followers/friends where the people from the elites table because the rest of the football team doesn't know he got an iPhone. He then was still sad and lonely but decided to check his messages and it was the same result as the social medias, none of the people from the group chat were up at 5:50 AM yet so he decided to pack his back early so he had time to prepare his football equipment in its proper bag and he had time to have a nice long warm shower to himself.

As he got out of the shower it didn't really help with his sadness and loneliness, but he had the perfect idea, it was Wednesday morning which means the football players get shorter period because they have longer and harder practices on Wednesdays, so that helped Jacksons mood when he thought of that, he was still suffering, and with just becoming friends with the elites none of them knew of his mental illnesses or his past, and he didn't plan on opening up to anyone.