1

~Coralia's POV~

"I need a fucking roommate or I'm gonna be kicked out of my apartment," I complained to my best friend, Quinn, as we sat in my living room together. The TV played a show in front of us, but neither of us payed any attention to it. "Put an ad up on the internet or some shit." She suggested, looking over at me.

"With my luck, I'll get a serial killer as my roommate if I take that route." I said, giving her a look. Quinn just snickered and kicked my leg with her foot, shaking her head. "Shut up. You're so paranoid, Lia." She snorted, a grin on her face. I couldn't even deny it, either, because I really was. "What? You don't know anyone on the Internet. People are fucking crazy, Q. You call it paranoid, I call it careful." I responded very matter of factly, raising a brow at her as she stood up from my couch. "Paranoid!" She sang back, walking into my kitchen. Because I could still hear her from the living room, I didn't bother getting up to follow her.

"Q! Can't you move in with me?" I pleaded, throwing my head back against the couch in hopes that she'd agree. I had asked her this several times now, and the answer was always no. She already had her own apartment, and she could actually afford to live in hers on her own, unlike me. "Nope." She chirped, stalking back into my living room with a Diet Coke in her hand. I didn't understand how she could stand to drink those, but I knew she loved them, so I had a whole twelve pack here just for her. I hated diet soda.

"But how am I gonna afford this place?" I pouted, peering up at my ceiling in thought. I would've asked one of my other friends, but I didn't really have any that I trusted the way that I did Quinn. She had been my best friend since the fourth grade, and you learn to treasure friendships that last that long, especially these days. People were two faced. Sure, I did have other people I knew, but I wasn't necessarily sure that I wanted any of them to live with me. "What about asking Rami?" She suggested, one of her guy friends. I scrunched my nose up. "No way. He's kind of creepy towards me, Q. The last time we hung out around him, he just stared at me the entire time and never even said anything." I reminded, looking up at her as she stood in front of me with a brow raised. "He has a crush on you. What's the big deal about that?" She defended him.

I sent her a look. "I was there for seven hours! Who stares at someone that long and doesn't even say anything?" I pointed out, raising my brows.

Quinn snickered and sat down on the other end of my couch, cracking open her soda. "Okay, so no Rami. What about Eloise? She's nice." She suggested, but I shook my head again. "No, not her. She stole a pair of my underwear last time she came over." I refused, frowning. Q sent me an appalled look and I laughed, shaking my head. "Don't even ask." I said simply, smiling in amusement. "Okay, then. No Rami, no Eloise. How about that boy toy of yours? What's his name?" She asked, furrowing her brows as she tried to remember his name.

"First of all," I started, sending her a look. "The term you're looking for is fuck buddy. And second of all, his name is Romeo." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. She snorted and shook her head, grinning. "Okay, whatever. Why don't you ask Romeo to move in? That just means more chances for you two to bang." She said, earning a roll of the eyes from me. "Romeo already has his own place, Quinn, and he has a roommate living with him. I can't ask him." I turned the idea down, shaking my head. For a second, she paused, furrowing her brows in thought. "Well, it sounds like you're shit out of luck, then." She said, shrugging.

With a slight scowl on my face, I groaned in annoyance and threw my head back against the couch again. "Damn it." I sighed, feeling hopeless. "I know you don't want to, but you might have to put an ad up online, Lia. It doesn't seem like you have a lot of options." Quinn said to me, a little frown on her lips. I sighed softly and reluctantly nodded in agreement, biting my cheek. "Yeah, I probably will end up having to do that." I agreed hesitantly, frowning. I was well aware that I had next to no options left. These were the downsides of not having many friends.