14

~Coralia's POV~

When I got off of work on Thursday, I was relieved to finally get back home, even if it was to the sound of Romeo and Luke yelling in the living room together. Since I'd noticed Romeo's recently hostile behavior towards Luke, I had automatically assumed the worst and thought that the two of them were fighting.

As I opened the front door and peeked inside, though, I saw that they weren't fighting at all. Well, not like I had thought, anyways. Romeo and Luke were sat with one another on the couch, playing a game of mortal kombat on the PlayStation that Luke had. One of them was playing as Kitana and the other was Sub-Zero, I recognized. I tiredly shut the front door and watched as Romeo cursed at Luke, who just cursed right back at him. "I hate you!" Romeo scowled, right as Kitana killed Sub-Zero. Luke laughed victoriously and whooped in victory, evidently having been playing as Kitana. "Suck my dick! I won!" He cackled, grinning widely. I giggled softly and the noise caught their attention, causing the two of them to turn to me at once.

"Oh. Hey, little tiger." Luke greeted, giving me a grin and a light wave of his hand. Romeo rolled his eyes at the nickname that Luke had given me and then gave me a smile. "Hey." He greeted as well. "Hi, guys." I returned, giving them both a light wave as I kicked my shoes off and then picked them up. "I didn't know you'd be here." I mentioned to Romeo, placing my keys into the little bowl on the table by the front door. That was the specific place I liked to keep my keys, so that they were right there as I was leaving and I could just grab them. "Yeah. I thought you were gonna be here when I came over earlier because I didn't know that you had to work today. Luke and I have been playing video games while waiting for you to get back." He explained simply, shrugging his shoulders. I wondered briefly if maybe he and Luke had patched up whatever weird issue they'd been going through in their friendship lately, but I didn't ask.

"Well, sorry to keep you waiting. I was supposed to get off at five, but my coworker never showed up, so I had to work for a couple more hours before they could get someone to cover her shift." I explained sheepishly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He chuckled softly and shrugged, standing up off of the couch. "No need to apologize. I know how it is. Shit happens." He assured me, sending me a smile as he approached me. "Right." I said softly, nodding my head. "So, um...what did you come here for, anyways?" I wondered, peering up at him.

Romeo took a subtle glance in Luke's direction, as if to see if he were listening to us, and he was. When he realized as well that Luke was listening, he softly grabbed my wrist and nodded his head in the direction of the hall. "Maybe we should go in your room to talk. It's more private." He suggested, already leading me in the direction of the hallway.

Like he wanted, I followed him down the hall and into my bedroom, hearing the door shut behind us. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. He smiled and sat down beside me, biting his lip softly. "I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for how I was the other night. I...had some stuff on my mind that was frustrating me, but I didn't tell you when you asked because I thought it was unimportant. To me, you didn't need to know." He said softly, sighing heavily. I looked up at him and frowned, crossing my arms over my chest. "Well, then what stuff was it that was on your mind?" I asked.

For a moment, he just stared at me, chewing on his lip with a thoughtful expression. "It's gonna sound so dumb." He said softly, sighing heavily. "But...I was feeling jealous. I-I just kept thinking about how you and Luke are alone together so much, and he's obviously attracted to you. He'd be a dumbass not to be. Anyways, I couldn't stop the thought that...maybe he actually had fucked you like he said he'd do. It had been on my mind the whole night." He confessed quietly, sounding incredibly embarrassed. I stared at him, little alarm bells going off in my head. "Jealous?" I repeated hesitantly. He had no reason to be jealous, not when this was only sex.