17

~Coralia's POV~

It was actually pretty awkward the next morning, believe it or not. Like, painfully awkward.

When I had woken up at the ass crack of dawn, I made sure that Luke was still asleep before I quietly slipped out of his bed and tip toed my way out of his room and down the hall towards the bathroom. I shut the bathroom door and made sure I locked it this time, quickly starting up the shower as I ran a hand through my messy hair. As I turned around, I realized the water was still in the tub from last night, a blush rising to my cheeks as I recalled the events that had happened.

Not wanting to dwell on those events, I brushed my thoughts away and went and quickly unplugged the tub's drain, letting the cold water out. The mirror began to fog up with steam as the heat from the shower spread through the bathroom, but as I looked in the mirror, I caught a glimpse of myself. My hair was a damn mess and, sure enough, there were bruises on my hips from where Luke had held me so tightly. I sighed to myself and shook my head, noticing the pink color that stained my cheeks before I looked away from my reflection.

I got into the shower once I was sure that the water was hot enough, my thoughts drifting off as I stood beneath the hot water. It was still hard for me to process what Luke and I had done just last night, that I had actually had him inside of me. That wasn't something that was supposed to happen, that I even thought would happen. It had been completely surreal.

Of course, I hadn't regretted it and I still didn't regret it, but I was well aware that it couldn't happen again. I had Romeo and my one time thing with Luke was precisely that: a one time thing. Luke and I had to be just friends, that was the bottom line. Not fuck buddies—friends. Just friends.

Once I finished taking my shower, I got out and dried myself off, heading quickly down the hall in my towel. When I reached my room, I shut and locked the door behind myself, not wanting the possibility of someone coming in. Sure, I knew Luke was still dead asleep and probably would be for another few hours, but I didn't want to take even the slightest little chance. I put my towel on the bed and pulled on a pair of white lacy undergarments, sitting down on my bed with a heavy sigh. That ache that I was so sure I'd be feeling was definitely being felt.

After I had my bra and panties on, I went ahead and sat down on the chair I had at my vanity, feeling like doing my makeup since I'd never gotten around to doing it yesterday. I kept it rather light in comparison to how much makeup I usually caked on my face, only doing some concealer on my face, my brows, mascara, a little blush and a clear gloss. Since I usually caked my face, it felt weird doing almost nothing at all. Still, I knew I looked good, whether it be with no makeup at all, a little makeup, or having my face done up completely like I usually did. I was no idiot. If I thought I was pretty, I wouldn't pretend like I didn't think I was. Having confidence in yourself, especially physically, is fucking hard when there are so many people in the world to compare yourself to and so many standards being pushed.

So if I've finally achieved that type of confidence where I love the way I look, why would I hide it? Why would I downplay it?

I stood up from my vanity once I was done doing my makeup and headed into my closet, deciding I should probably get dressed so I wasn't just sitting around in my underwear. Usually I wouldn't have given a shit about wearing clothes at my apartment, but this wasn't just my apartment anymore. It felt a little weird to be in only my underwear and a bra when I knew that Luke was in the room right next to mine, even if he was just sleeping. Maybe it had nothing to do with the fact that he was here and everything to do with the fact that I had spent last night with him inside of me. If he and I hadn't done that, I probably wouldn't care otherwise. That was just the truth of it. However, we had, so I found myself getting dressed anyways.