18

~Luke's POV~

I was pretty goddamn sure I had a crush on Cora. Fuck, even 'crush' seemed to be putting it very mildly. She was all I could think about.

Before I went to bed, she was the only thing running through my mind, even though she was just on the other side of the wall. Even as soon as I woke up, all I could think of was her. It was driving me crazy. She was driving me crazy.

As I laid in bed when I woke up, the little rays of sunshine streaming into my room through the window in my room, I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening and practically jumped out of bed. Way too eagerly, I swung open the door just to get even a little glimpse of her as she skittered past me to go get dressed, swooning when the scent of cinnamon passed with her. I felt my heart race as I watched her enter her room and then shut her bedroom door, hiding the sight of her from me. A soft sigh left me as I headed into the bathroom, knowing that I needed to shower as well. Both Coralia and I had work today.

After I went and took my shower, I got dressed in the plain black pants that I'd gotten from Cora, as well as the all black zebra patterned shirt she'd given me. Shit, I'd even put on some of the jewelry she'd gotten me. However, I wasn't wearing the shoes she'd gotten me because I was still trying to completely wear out my old ones before I wore the ones Cora got me. She really got me clothes that I fucking loved, especially that jacket. I loved it so much that I almost didn't want to wear it in fear of losing it or fucking ruining it somehow.

I left my bedroom and headed into the living room, fully dressed and ready to go to work. My keys in hand, I stopped as I spotted Cora stood over by the front door, bent over as she tied her shoes. I didn't mean to, but I found myself checking her out. She was dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans that had the signature Versace pattern on them in a reflective lighter blue, her ass looking absolutely fucking delicious in them. Her feet were covered in a pair of all-black converse and she had on her usual black shirt for work, tucked into the waistband of her skin tight jeans. That long, dark hair was curled to perfection, the level of perfection that she was being nothing I wasn't used to by now. She always looked perfect.

"Oh, hi." Coralia smiled at me as she grabbed her keys and turned toward me, looking like a goddamn angel. "H-Hey." I stammered stupidly, staring at her, at a loss for words. It'd been a week since I had the pleasure of having sex with her and it was still very awkward between us, ever since she'd basically told me that she didn't want me. She wanted Romeo and it pissed me off to no end, but not at her, for some reason. Just...in general, it made me angry. If she was going to be fuck buddies with anyone, it should've been me. I just knew he didn't make her cum like I did.

But still, I had no choice but to accept being solely friends with her. That was what she wanted and I'd respect that, even if I didn't want it. Even if the thought of being only friends with her made me want to put my head through a damn wall.

"You've got work today too?" She asked me, evidently having been unaware of that little fact. I nodded and swung my keys around my fingertip anxiously, stalking towards the front door as my stomach churned with nerves. "Yeah." I responded, hating the way my heart raced as I stood closer to her now. She grabbed the door handle and unlocked the door, pulling it open as she looked up at me. "I'll be home at five. What about you?" She asked curiously, stepping out of the apartment and waiting for me to follow after her. I shut and locked the door behind me as I left, shoving my keys into my pocket. "Um, same." I answered, running a slightly shaky hand through my hair.

Cora smiled and sent me a nod, seeming to have no problem whatsoever in acting like her and I had never done anything together. She didn't even seem to care about any of it, not a bit. It was like it actually hadn't even happened for her. I, on the other hand, couldn't ever forget that. There was no way in hell I'd be able to forget how it felt to be inside her, to hear her crying my name. After I had spent that one night hearing her with Romeo, I knew what she sounded like when she moaned, but I'd always wondered what she'd sound like moaning my name. Now that I'd had that question answered, I was sure there'd be nobody who sounded better saying my name. There'd be nobody I liked better to have underneath me, nobody who clung to me the way she had. As bad as it sounded, I understood why Romeo was obsessed with her now.

Speaking of Romeo, I was absolutely certain she'd made the decision to not even tell him about the fact that she and I had had sex. I say this because he'd talked to me several times since then, both in person and over the phone, and he'd never mentioned it. He'd never even hinted at it or tried to mention her whatsoever. It was clear that he didn't have any idea. Some part of me was fine with that, but the other part was nearly dying to tell him because every time we spoke, all I could think was I fucked your best friend, who you also fuck.

I almost felt bad for it, to be honest. Lying to him, I mean, not having sex with Coralia. I mean, she had promised him that nothing was happening between her and I, and that nothing would happen between her and I. Clearly, that had not remained to be true.

"We gonna make dinner when we get home, or did you want to go out somewhere?" She asked me curiously, walking beside me down the stairs or the apartment building. I bit my lip and shrugged lightly. "I guess we could go out somewhere." I answered, causing her to smile softly up at me. "Okay, cool. We can talk about it later. See you tonight." She smiled, walking off to her assigned parking spot, which was on the other end of the lot from mine. I went ahead and went over to my car, beginning my drive to work.

**

Maybe halfway through the day, I was leaned against the cash register of the checkout that I worked at in the Seven Eleven in town when a girl about my age came up with a Dr Pepper in her hand and some snacks in the others.

She gave me a flirty smile and set the items in front of me on the counter, her grey eyes scanning me over as I stood straight. "Hi." She grinned, exposing her white teeth. "Hello." I greeted back, eyeing her closely as I began to slowly scan the items. "I noticed you while I was getting my snacks. You looked bored out of your mind over here." She giggled, placing her hands on the surface of the counter as she leaned a little over the counter. I looked at her closely, thinking to myself. Did I really want to flirt back with her? I knew exactly what game she was trying to play here, but I needed to decide if I wanted to play it too. I had another girl on my mind, though, one who actually piqued my interest and who I really liked. This girl wasn't ugly or anything, but I didn't exactly want her.

Her eyes were framed with thick lashes that were much more flamboyant than the kind Cora wore, lined with black liner. She had a nice jawline, though it was more square shaped than Cora's. Her brows were nice and dark, much darker than Cora's light brown, and her platinum blonde hair was pretty messy and fell to only her shoulders. It was a styled kind of messy, though, where you knew she wanted it to look that way. The girl had full lips painted in a nude lipstick, though her lips weren't as full as Cora's, nor did they look as soft.

I scanned my eyes down her short frame and realized she was actually quite thin and her skin very pale, much paler and thinner than Cora. She looked nothing like her. Maybe that was a good thing, I decided.

"Well, I was bored until you came over." I decided to flirt back, sending her a charming half smile that I knew would send her reeling. Sure enough, she let out a soft giggle, eating that stupid little line up. "How sweet." She said playfully, brushing a finger along my forearm as I placed one scanned item to the side. Her touch didn't give me goosebumps like Cora's did, sending a wave of disappointment through me. "I'm Lexa." She introduced in a soft voice, lightly biting her lip. It sort of made me want to roll my eyes, but I forbid it because I figured I should at least try to find someone to get over Coralia. It was clear she didn't want me, so I might as well try to move on.

"Luke." I introduced back, giving her a little smirk. She giggled again and tousled her messy hair, pushing it back. "Well, Luke," She started, watching me as I scanned the Dr Pepper she'd had. "I don't mean to be too forward, but...maybe we could go out for coffee or something?" She suggested, a hopeful gleam in her eye. I looked at her for a moment, thinking it through. Did I want to do anything with her, really? After a bit of thinking it through, I gave her a grin.

"What's your number?"