20*

~Coralia's POV~

It didn't take me long before I started to figure out exactly where Luke was disappearing to so often. Some nights he'd come home with his shirt undone and lipstick stains or hickies on his neck. Other nights, well, he wouldn't come home at all.

I woke up in the early morning after one of the nights of Luke not returning home, the noise of the front door slamming shut scaring me awake. As my brain finally caught up with my already awake and alert body, I heard the sound of shushing and then a girls giggle. For some reason, my heart clenched and my stomach churned with nausea. I was pretty sure I'd hurl any second now.

When I looked at my clock on the bedside table, I grumbled in complaint as I realized it was only eight AM and I'd gone to bed at five AM. This was definitely not the time for me to be awake. I just wanted to go back to sleep, but the sound of more giggling from the living room made it fucking impossible. Feeling a little irritated, I crawled out of my bed and grabbed my robe, angrily pulling it on. All I wanted was to sleep some more. Why couldn't he have stayed out wherever he'd been staying so much lately? Why subject me to listen to this? "Fucking bullshit." I scowled to myself, stepping over a pillow that must've fallen on the floor while I'd been sleeping.

Being totally sure that my robe covered my naked figure, I flung my bedroom door open and stalked quickly down the hallway. I reached the end of the hall within maybe five seconds, which was rather quick when considering how long the hallway was. As I reached the end of the hall, I saw that Luke was on the couch with a short, thin girl sitting beside him. Her messy blonde hair had dark brown roots poking through and she was grinning as she trailed her fingers along his chest, giggling while she whispered stuff into his ear. Taken aback at the sight of him with a girl, I just stood there like a moron, unsure what to say or do. It felt...weird to see him with a girl all over him, on the couch in our apartment.

"Luke?" I asked with a light huff, snapping myself out of my thoughts as I remembered what I came here for. I wanted to sleep and I couldn't do that if they were being loud and annoying with one another.

The sound of my voice caused both Luke and the girl to look in my direction, their eyes falling on me. "Oh. Hey, Cora." He greeted casually, sending me a lazy wave. I frowned at him and crossed my arms over my chest, jutting my hip out a little. "Why are you guys being so loud? It's only eight AM, you know." I mentioned, sighing heavily. He smiled a bit and casually looped one of his long arms around the girl's shoulders, causing her to giggle softly. "Sorry, little tiger. Maybe I should take a page on being quieter out of you and Romeo's book, huh?" He asked, giving me very unnecessary attitude.

My cheeks warmed, remembering that Romeo and I had once kept Luke up all night because of how loud we were being. "I apologized for that." I reminded, frowning. He smirked and took a glance down my body as I stalked my way over to him, acting as if he didn't have a girl right next to him who had just been all over him only moments ago. "Yeah, you did." He agreed, peering up at me as I rounded the couch until I was stood in front of the two of them. "So, what? You gonna introduce me or what? Who's this?" I asked, gesturing over to the girl who was sat beside him.

He seemed to realize that he and I were, in fact, not the only ones in the room and his face seemed to fall back into that calm expression, his blue eyes sort of glossing over. "Right. Lexa, this is Coralia. She's my roommate." He said, looking down at Lexa as she peered up at me. "Hi." She greeted, giving me a light wave. I gave her a small smile. "Hi. Sorry to meet like this. I probably seem like a bitch." I apologized sheepishly, knowing very well how I must've been coming across to someone who didn't know me. Lexa laughed and shook her head, grinning up at me. "No, no. I didn't mean to disturb you or anything. Luke actually told me you were at work, so...sorry about waking you." She apologized back.