15

~Coralia's POV~

The next day, I decided to take my bath that I had intended on taking the night before, though I'd never gotten around to doing because I was playing mortal kombat with Luke. After that, I'd completely forgotten about wanting to take a bath and had just gone right to bed, so I never got my bath. But today I was going to have my damn bath, even if I had to lock myself in the bathroom for hours.

Once it began to get late, around ten or eleven PM specifically, I decided I wanted to take my bath now. I crawled out of my bed and wrapped myself up in my robe, making sure my body was covered before I left my room and headed down the hall towards the bathroom. Shutting the door quietly behind me, I flicked the light on and marched over to the nice, sparkly clean tub in the corner of the room. I turned the water on and felt it begin to heat up as I held my hand underneath the faucet while the water ran. When I felt that it was finally hot enough, I plugged the drain and let the tub begin to fill on its own.

While the tub was filling, I grabbed my cinnamon scented bubble bath soap from out of the closet and began to pour some of it into the tub as the water ran, watching the bubbles start to form. The scent of sweet cinnamon filled my senses as I shut the lid on the bubble bath soap, inhaling deeply at the nice scent. I loved the smell of cinnamon. For me, it was the perfect amount of sweet and also kind of spicy in a scent.

As the tub filled with both bubbles and water, I pulled my robe off and was left naked, walking towards the sink as the water ran loudly. It was so loud that the noise filled the silence of the bathroom easily. I brushed my teeth and kicked off my socks when I realized I still had them on, leaving them on the floor as I continued brushing my teeth. Once my teeth were brushed, I made sure to floss and mouthwash before I went ahead and returned to the tub, which was nearly full now. Not wanting the water to overflow and get all over the floor, I shut the water off and the bathroom became silent once more.

Just to test it out at first, I dipped a toe into the water, wondering how hot it was. The hot water burned my toe a little, but in a way that I didn't mind and instead welcomed. Content with the temperature that it was at, I stepped into the tub and sank my body down until it was consumed by the heat of the water and the bubbles covered my skin. The warmth of the water caused me to sigh happily to myself, submerging myself lower beneath the water until the only part of me that could be seen was from a bit below my collarbone and up.

With the scent of cinnamon consuming my senses and the warmth of the water against my skin, I couldn't help but to relax completely into the tub. My head lulled back until it rested on the edge, sighing in content relief. I hadn't really gotten to relax like this in what felt like forever, mostly because I had been more focused on work, or Romeo, or Luke moving in. It was either one of those or I simply didn't have the energy, which said enough in itself, I thought. My legs stretched out ahead of me as the warm water sloshed around in the tub with each slight movement, making the bubbles move with the water. For a good while, I just sat there, my head poking out beneath the water as I ever so slowly sank further and further down into the water until I was fully submerged before I even knew it.

The hot water touched my face as my dark hair floated out around me in the water, making me feel like a mermaid. I loved when my hair did that, for some reason. Something about it looked very ethereal to me.

Under the surface, I held my breath, curious to see how long I could hold it and if it were any less than how long I used to be able to hold it. I obviously hadn't checked in a while, but the last time that I had, I could hold my breath for somewhere around two or three minutes. However, that was two years ago, if I was remembering correctly. I was eighteen then and Romeo had insisted on testing me on it, so I let him. He'd made a bet with me on whether or not I could go for over a minute, him saying I couldn't while I'd said I could. Clearly, I had won the bet and, therefore, I had also won twenty dollars.