Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Violet

After all of that trouble, we found more. We managed to get back to the school, but Mr. Thomason had taken over. Guards patrolled the gates, with guns at hand.

We stood at the edge of the forest, sneaking around. Trent and I had broken off from the rest of the group and had gotten in.

"Trent?" I whispered.

He squeezed my hand, signaling for me to be quiet.

We rounded the corner of the building and saw Mr. Thomason giving a command to one of the guards. I only caught the last few sentences.

"...Ah, Milligan, you crack me up! But no one has penetrated the grounds. For, I would have seen."

"Sir," Milligan said, "Hear me out. I saw two children who were not on the record list."

"Record list?" I whispered.

"Milligan," Mr. Thomason said, "You're two old eyes are playin' tricks on you. No one could get past these old guards here."

Milligan put his hands in the air, "Sir, I'm sorry, but I saw them." Then, fire blasted from his hands, burning Mr. Thomason. He fell to the ground and Milligan looked up at us, "You two!" he yelled, "Come 'ere!"

Trent pulled me along, and I shakily followed him. "Milligan?" he said.

Milligan took a deep breath, "Sorry 'bout you havin' to see that."

"Used to it," Trent replied icily.

Milligan's eyes traveled over and looked at me, "You, young lady, what's your name?"

I blinked and stuttered, "Violet Guhurus."

His eyes widened, "The Violet Guhurus?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Okay, you two. I must admit, that was quite amazin' for two teens gettin' in here, but I'm afraid I'll have to kill you."

"Thanks for the warning, but no, Milligan, I'll be killing you," Trent said, his hands rising. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited. After a few minutes, Trent whispered in my ear, "It's okay, Vi."

I opened my eyes and realized how close his face was. I pressed my lips against his, but only for a few seconds.

"No making out!" Pheonix said.

I whipped around and yelled, "I don't care, okay? I can't take this anymore! It's too much!" I'd cracked, right there, at that very moment. Trent just stared at me for a few seconds. Then, he looked at Pheonix with a slight nod. She walked away.

I looked up at Trent. "Do you think you can fight?"

I shook my head and sat down on the ground, leaning against the white marble castle's wall.

He sat down next to me. Everything seemed so calm, but it was all wrong. I couldn't stand it anymore. "Trent," I whispered, "I can't stand this. I just, I don't know, being the most powerful person ever... it scares me."

"I know."

I kissed him again. This time, it lasted longer. His lips were soft and warm against mine.

Pheonix

After being shooed by Trent, I crept around the castle, looking for Landon. How could he have not told me? I thought. The feeling growing inside of my stomach was scaring the crap out of me. It grew larger when I saw Landon, staring at one of the guards, ready to kill him. His hand flew up and the man struggled to breathe.

I heard leaves crunch under someone's feet. I turned around, quick to realize that it was a guard. And that guard ran up to me and whispered, "Move, and I shoot you."

I trembled a little bit. I recognized the voice. Alexander Egzaphar. He was a senior at our mortal school last year.

"Alex?" I whispered. I'd had a huge crush on him when I was younger (earlier this year).

His face became hard, "Don't move," he was crushing me and his stupid gun was pointed right at my head, his finger resting on the trigger, waiting for me to make my move.

I knew that my type of natural power couldn't easily kill. I was useless. If I screamed, I died. If I kick and scream, I die. What do I do? A voice in my head asked. Sacrifice yourself! You hate this don't you?

No, I love my life.

And Landon? The voice fought.

What about him?

You hate him, right? You'll never escape.

If I have to, I will. Shut up, voice!

My head was now peaceful, and I sighed. "What did I say?" Alex asked.

I let my head droop, in fear he'd try something horrible.

"Pheonix!" Landon screamed

Alex whipped around and pointed his gun at Landon. "Don't!" I mouthed.

His eyes widened, and if he said it, I heard it.

Distract him!

"Alex? Who will you kill? Me? Or him?"

His head turned to me and the gun was pointing at my heart now. Just as fast as he turned, he was on the ground, gasping for air, and he choked, "Please...stop..."

After a minute or two, he stopped struggling and died at my feet.

Hmm, I was going to write more, but my friend (aamm12) and I have been writing (and talking)like crazy people. She's about to post and it's really good! I got the opportunity to hear some of it! Thanks! New chapter up soon, because this is getting EPIC!

~goddessoflife~