Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Pheonix

For a second, I stared at Landon. I blinked a few times as he rushed over to me. "Are you okay?" I couldn't breathe. I also felt immobilized. "Pheonix?"

I cleared my throat and looked at him, "Y-yeah," I stuttered, "I think so."

He hugged me and it took me a second to hug him back. I was in shock. I'd never seen someone die. Unless you counted all of the deaths on Television.

"Don't worry," he whispered.

How could you have hated Landon five seconds ago? A voice inside of my head asked.

You told me to! Now shut up, I told it, I'm having a moment here.

Then, I felt like I was falling asleep. I felt a warm breeze and I was suddenly standing in a living room I'd never seen before. Everything was blurry and my head spun. After feeling like I was about to fall over for a few minutes, it stopped. The vision became clear. I saw Violet and Trent sitting on the couch in the room talking...

"What do you think she will do?" Violet asked.

Trent sighed, "I don't know. Maybe Landon's family will arrange the funeral. I haven't talked to her since the war ended."

Violet sighed.

This time, a cold breeze blew over me, whipping my hair around my face. I began to close my eyes, but something told me not to. The next image became clear:

Trent sat down on the couch, next to Violet.

"How was work?" Violet asked him, looking down at her book.

"The usual," he replied.

A small girl with Violet's grey eyes and Trent's brown hair ran into the room. "Daddy!" She yelled, motioning for him to pick her up.

"Hi, sweetie. What did you do today?"

She smiled at her father and held up her tiny hands. Her fingers sprawled out and a little water ball appeared. She cupped her hands around it, concentrating, determined to keep it in her hands as long as possible.

Trent looked at Violet, "Did you teach her this?" he asked.

She smiled, "No, Ana did this by herself."

The girl-Ana-giggled.

"Hi, dad!" An older boy with short black hair and striking grey eyes came into the room.

"Hey, Chase. What did you do today?"

"School," he said, frowning, "What else?"

"Did you have soccer practice?"

Chase shook his head. "I had a class at Taylor's."

"Did you--?"

The image was cut short and all I saw was black. It was surrounding me. Entrapping me.

Landon

Pheonix stopped shaking. Her eyes wouldn't open, though. Her hair began to whip around for no reason. "Pheonix!" I yelled, "Wake up!"

She began to shake again. I couldn't handle the scene in front of me. I closed my eyes. Below me, Pheonix gasped. "Landon!" She hugged me and wouldn't let go.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, alarmed and startled.

She looked at me for a few seconds, trying to remember what had just happened. "I saw... the future, but I don't know what really happened."