Epilogue

Well, this is it. The last lines to the first book in the series. I actually had trouble typing the last line- not because I didn't know, but because I don't want it to end. I told myself there's nothing to worry about. I mean, there are going to be four more books in the series! So, yeah. Well, here we go.

Oh, and the New Years party is not half as descriptive as I wanted it to be. It's based off of the song Take it Off by Ke$ha.

Epilogue

2 Years Later- New Years/Graduation (10th Grade, which is 12th to Elementalists)

Everyone sat around Pheonix and Landon as they chugged down their seventeenth Mountain Dew. Lucky they're Elementalists, or they wouldn't be able to do that.

"Throw me another one!" Pheonix yelled at Kate as she struggled to get on the table in the hot pink dress with black fish nets on the skirt.

Trent nodded towards the door and Violet smiled as he led her out towards the forest. It was off limits tonight, but they still went. It's not like they'd get in trouble, Caitlyn wouldn't punish them.

"Happy birthday," Trent said

"Thanks," she whispered as they sat down in the leaves. It had been a snowless winter... it wasn't even cold most of the time. She smiled and kissed him, "I feel like we're in the eighth grade again."

Trent laughed a little, "I guess it does..." He dug around in his pocket and pulled out a little box, "For your birthday," he said.

"And graduation. What is it?"

He handed it to her, "Open it and see."

Violet opened the little box carefully, taking out the silver necklace with a small lightning bolt on it. "Trent... I love it!" She kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you."

"Turn around, I'll help you put it on," he said.

After a minute or two, Violet was holding the little bolt in her hand.

They heard a crunching noise and looked up, "Well, c'mon you two! Only three minutes till graduation!" Caitlyn said, her white dress just touching the leaves.

Trent stood up and held out his hand. Violet took it, wiping off her orange dress quickly. "We should hurry... we have to be present to graduate," she said.

"Well, run!" Caitlyn suggested.

~-~-~

The ran into the room about a minute before the ball dropped. "WHOA!" Pheonix yelled.

Violet laughed a little-Pheonix was drunk on Mountain Dew.

"Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one! HAPPY NEW YEARS!" Cheers roared from the crowd, and several couples began to kiss.

"Happy New Years, Trent," Violet said.

"Happy New Years," he said, giving her a quick kiss.

"Attention everyone! ATTENTION!" Caitlyn yelled.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at her.

"As you know, you have officially graduated from Taylor's Academy for Elementalists, but you will need to be present at tomorrow's ceremony. Each girl will wear the crown she has been given. The crystal within the top center represents your element. Boys will wear ties with their elemental color. Be at the entrance hall by seven AM. Thank you."

"I guess I should go to bed," Violet said, "walk me up to my room?"

~-~-~

Everyone showed up by seven as planned. They called off names just to make sure, though. "Stand in alphabetical order!" Caitlyn called. "Anyone with a last name that starts with G, line up here. I will tell you where to go from there!"

Violet did as she was told.

"Violet, stand right here, behind Kate. Um, Owen, stand right here..." Caitlyn said.

"Okay, G's!" Mrs. Uvar called, "We will be taken out right now and we will sit in the seats behind the F's. Stay in order! Is that clear?"

Everyone nodded.

~-~-~

Mrs. Uvar took her place at the podium on the stage. "Welcome to Taylor's Academy for Elementalists! As you know, our students graduate in tenth grade, half way through the school year. I will ask everyone in the A section to stand and get in line on the steps. Girls on my right, boys on my left."

And so they went, going through each and every student up to F.

"G's! I ask you to line up now!" Mrs. Uvar called.

They're ten people with the last name beginning with G, five girls and five boys. Violet was the third girl in. She listened for her name.

"Violet!" Mrs. Uvar called.

Violet walked towards her, "Congratulations, Violet," she said quietly, shaking her hand.

~-~-~

The last student (Tally ZuRumbi) was finally called and they were official graduates from Taylor's Academy for Elementalists.

"I guess," Violet said, "We get to go party again!"

~-~-~

The party was crazy. Music that was so loud it nearly damaged everyone's' ears, and a lot of pop. Pheonix was smart and avoided the Mountain Dew.

"Well," Caitlyn said, coming up to Violet and Trent, "What's it like? Being graduated?"

Violet remembered that Caitlyn was an angel and no longer had the opportunity to go to Elemental school.

"It doesn't make you feel all that different," Trent said, "Maybe just a little."

"Don't lie," Caitlyn said, though she was smiling.

"Not a lie," Trent said.

Violet laughed a little. "It's a half lie."

"Things really are different," Caitlyn said.

Trent and Violet nodded in agreement.

Caitlyn waved and then disappeared with a silvery light. And then, the silvery light faded, leaving everyone in the darkness to explore for the rest of the night.

© 2011 goddessoflife  

Expect A Scream in the Wind around January 29, 2011. :D