04| Elian, the janitor

Wahaj's POV

I heard the loud noise coming from the room next to me as I rubbed the sleep out of eyes and moved my head from the keyboard that I found myself sleeping on. I looked at the uncompleted assignment that I slept through, and I looked toward my phone as I found twelve messages from Elian, and then I shifted my attention to the clock.

8 PM, it read!!

"Leave me alone, Khaled !" Emir yelled.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked to the room next to mine.

"My toy, he stole it!" Emir complained as he sniffed.

"Khaled," I looked at him, finding in his possession the toy Kerem bought for him. "give it back!" I ordered my little cousin as I tried to pull it from his grasp, but he ended up crying and running off to find his mother, I assume.

The confirmation to my assumption ran in my ears as my aunt started yelling, "What is wrong now?"

"Come here," I softly notified Emir as he held his toy tightly and hid behind me. Soon my three aunties came into view.

"How many times should I tell you to leave Emir to defend for himself, you won't be in school with him," My aunt, Seren yelled. "He needs to learn to defend himself" She finished.

I swallowed the anger I was holding and asked calmly, "Why is Emir here and not with his mother ?"

My aunt, Miray, started complaining before anyone got a chance to answer me, "Why didn't you come to the cafe today ?!" She started angrily.

"I overslept," I simply answered.

"Waj! Waj!" The sobbing of Emir behind me seized my attention and deprived me of completing my conversation with my aunt.

"Hey buddy," I said, picking him up. He was wailing uncontrollably. "I've got you."

"You wata me leave," He cried.

I held him to me. "I'm right here, buddy, I'm not going anywhere, and I would never want you to leave."

"W-Why you wata me to go to mommy?" He cried.

"Because she is your mommy and you gotta be with her.," I said, trying to find reasons for that creature that is his mother.

"You spoil him too much, Wahaj" Seren told me as both of my aunts nodded in agreement.

"I mean we didn't spoil you and you turned out fine," Noor, My aunt, stated.

Miray shrugged, "Try telling that to mom; she spoiled her rotten that is why she has the luxury to oversleep while we struggle." Miray returned to the fact that I haven't shown up to work today.

"I'm hwungry Waj," Emir said, rubbing his eyes.

While still carrying Emir, "What would you like?" I asked him.

"Cwheerios."

I headed to the kitchen with Emir in my hand as my relatives followed me into the dining room as they waited for me to serve them dinner; As a punishment for not going to the cafe today. I enjoyed cooking, so it was a win-win situation.

I was preparing the cheerios for Emir at first, and then I would make dinner for my aunts and grandmother. Still, unfortunately, she didn't come back in time for dinner, so I hid some in the oven for her and Eylul, my cousin, when they come back.I, them proceeded to go to the second floor and look at my phone as I found the unopened twelve messages from Elian.

Elian: Where are you love?

Elian: Why were you running from the professor's room?