20| A Sign From Above

Wahaj's POV

A Week later

After everything that happened, I locked myself in the room for the past week to study for Professor Yilmaz's exam. I didn't join the family dinner, and I ate alone in the room which wasn't allowed in my household but for my current situation. Grandmother allowed it.

After a week, they grew tired of me and my mood swings. My aunt Miray then forced me to help her in the cafe shop. She told me to bring my books and study there while helping her instead of locking myself in the room like an unbalanced person.

Could this day go any slower?

I thought as I was worried about my exam in a week from today that I didn't help Aisha with the orders in the cafe shop. Aisha worked in my aunt's cafe after her husband got fired from his last job and couldn't provide for them anymore as he was still looking for a job. Since Aisha didn't have a college degree, the only place she could go to for work and provide a regular salary to help with rent and mortgages was working as a waiter in my aunt's cafe.

Aisha was like the sister that I never had, and I told her everything until last week when I never talked to her about any of the things that happened.

"Joje, You won't believe it." Aisha teased as she pointed at the door of the coffee shop with her chin.

My eyes shot to the glass door where he was approaching. "Here, he comes.." She cheered as she hopped in a place like a little puppy that had to pee really bad. "It is fate,"

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. I instantly felt my palms heat up, and my heart race picks up, I even had that queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's times like these when I regret telling her about my dream about the Professor; it's like endless taunting with her.

Which wasn't actually a dream... Just thinking about this makes my face blush and my stomach to turn.

"Aisha..stop," I begged as I didn't want him to notice me, but she was already making her way to the cash register.

I heard the bells clink signalling that he had indeed come in.

I stuffed the dish towel that I was using to wipe down the counters in my apron pocket and tried to sneak into the back room. I thought by tiptoeing like on those spy movies I used to watch with my cousins would reduce my chance of getting caught, but I guess not.

"Oh no-no, get back here." I froze in my steps. Slowly looked over my shoulder to find her staring at me with her hands on her hips.

"Joje.." She narrowed her eyes at me and flicked her head to the side, motioning to come to stand by her.

I dropped my shoulders and dragged my feet over to where she was standing. "You haven't talked to Prof since he failed you, maybe he won't once he sees how nice you are," She innocently talked as I glared in her direction sometimes, I wished I didn't continue my studies and became a housewife like her.