30| Dinner With The EX

Wahaj's POV 

After three hours and my feet nearly dislocating from the rest of my body, I finished cooking dinner with some help from Dilara. Ahmad came in, "Wahaj," He addressed me.

"My mother invited someone for dinner,"

"Who?"

"Eman."

"And who was that ?"

"The girl my mother wanted Ibrahim to marry,"

My mother in law was Shaytan. She was Satan tailored to ruin my life. Do you know those moments in your life where you see a situation playing out in your head like a movie with a soundtrack and all?

This was one of those moments. I could hear the lyrics to a particular song running through my head. The thumping of the base matched my footsteps and pushed me into a room.

I eyed the large room to find the Professor sitting in one of the oversized leather chairs laughing along with Eman, who was sitting on the ottoman in front of him with her perfectly manicured hand resting on his knee. You've got to be freaking kidding me.

"Wahaj, how nice to see you again."

She hugged me, I patted her back a little harder than necessary, but smiled and batted my eyelashes at her as she straightened up.

"Excuse us," I said before grabbing the Professor and going toward the kitchen.

"What the hell is your mother thinking?"

He shook his head while bringing his hand up to cup my face. I oddly felt more relaxed. I closed my eyes and leaned my head into his hand while taking deep breaths.

"Wahaj, you know how she is. Just ignore her."

"Professor, she hates me. I can't just ignore that."

"She doesn't hate you. She is just..."

I nodded my head at his loss of words.

"Exactly! She is out of her ever-loving mind inviting the girl she was eyeing for you in my first night in the house with you!"

He laughed and ran his thumb slowly over my cheek.

"You are my wife. Inshallah, You are the mother of my child. And there is no need for you to be worried or jealous of any girl, especially Im-a-a-r."

He purposely distorted her name for my comfort. As it just hit me? Was I jealous.. he thinks I am jealous, oh god, how pathetic does he think I am.

Even though I may be pathetic, I shouldn't show him.