41| His Game

Wahaj's POV 

Lila was in surgery less than 12 hours later that day then followed three weeks of difficult recovery in the Hospital. I started attending Medical school during that time while the professor never showed up or opened a case, and my father announced that Yilmaz hushed the matter. I, conversely, thought it was anything but settled. 

"Did the kind man like orange juice? Because I can't stop drinking it!" A small voice spoke, distracting me from thinking about him. She sucked into the orange juice like there was no tomorrow.

"Take it slow, Habibti" I spoke as I part the straw from her lips.

"Should I bring the thank you note supplies now ?" The nurse who was changing Lila's bedsheet spoke kindly toward Lila.

"The what ?" I looked over toward the small girl sitting beside me on the couch.

She looked down, "I want to say thank you to the kind man for giving me the world bestest of kidney," She spoke so fondly.

I looked toward my father whose glare was pointed at me waiting for me to disappoint her as I should have, but couldn't when she said, "I will draw a big red heart and.."

The sadness inside her green eyes seemed to slowly fade as she began to list the things she could draw; it was like a new meaning for her. I then opposed my father wishes and agreed for her to do it.

After a few hours, I noticed my alarm ringing notifying me that it was 9 am; my lecture was on for today, so I left after I kissed and hugged my tiny survivor while Layan was still sleeping through all of it and I didn't have the heart to wake her up.

After what seemed like a long drive, I finally pulled up at the university parking lot after an hour of looking for a parking space. I enter the university gated door to see a bunch of students gathered around my lecture room, A309.

"This way Professor," His new professor assistant spoke waving her hand. "Welcome back."

I gulped. I saw the professor form staring at his phone as the people gathered around him were not even given one percent of his attention.

I blinked and took a breath. A hundred emotions flew through me at once, from delight to anger, from hope to hatred.

I saw him stiffen and look around the class, probably searching for the emotional rollercoaster, before he started texting.

I was wondering who was texting...

I went on to find a place to sit in at the back when my mobile vibrates. I pull it out and find a text from the Professor.

Wahaj, Meet me at your earliest convenience to discuss the matter.

I snort and glare out the window – wondering what was he thinking?

Was he going to discuss his kidney?

Was he going to discuss the police matter?

Was he going to discuss my reasons for being here?

Fifteen minutes later, into his long lecture, my mobile vibrates once more as he was giving us the assignment to do.

Wahaj, I can see you I know you read the message, I think it would be beneficial to the both of us if we spoke before you leave the lecture today.