19| The Secrets We Hide

Wahaj's POV

"You won't enter the house," Mama Ghada spoke as Aunt Miray tried to guide all of us back into the house to rationally talk this through and to not wake up Mrs Chamberlain who was in the mansion.

"I was falsely accused," he hissed, "I don't deserve to be treated like this Ummi, after twenty years you still haven't looked at my face, not even once," He seemed to be broken as he said those words.

"Enough, A criminal wouldn't justify his evil doings," Mama Ghada spoke in sorrow, "He would simply deny it,"

"Am I misunderstanding or did you know that he was alive all this time? " I asked Mama Ghada in soreness.

She lifted her face to look at mine, "He didn't deserve you," as she says those words, I could remember my father telling them to me, but I couldn't remember when or to what situation.

"What is going on ?" Aunt Seren asked in utter chaos.

Aunt Miray spoke this time, "W-Wahaj, your father raped a girl when he was young-" She was interrupted by my father.

As soon as I heard the words, my whole world crashed around me. Everything that I held dear in my life, everything that I ever knew...was a lie. Why would they do this to me? What did I do to deserve this? Why him, the person that I looked up to most out of everyone in the world?

"LIES, That's not true, You know these are lies, that girl made them up when she couldn't justify it to her parents," He shouted as if he wanted to get me to stop hearing those words. Still, unfortunately, he didn't succeed, and as I listened to these words, my guts began to turn, my vision began to blur, and my head began to feel light in weight.

" There is a tiny detail, though. Akhi (Brother)," Miray says in bitterness as she air quote brother, "She didn't need to," Miray finishes.

"I have a right to meet my daughter,"

"You EARNED the right to meet NO ONE! The day you attacked the girl was the day, you lost your ability to meet anyone of this family. Your father and I erased you from our lives; your father would probably shoot you if he sees you standing here now. " Mama Ghada shouted from the top of her lungs; she seemed to be hurt by him as she wanted to hurt him just as bad as he hurt her.

"Wahaj? Wahaj?"

A hand taps my cheek, but its touch is tender.

"Wahaj? Can you hear me?"

At last, my eyes open and meet my father's blue gaze. He's worried, frowning and asking me if I'm alright. My eyes dart left to meet my grandmother who seemed to be violently hitting my father's back and blaming him while on the right I sow both my aunts trying to calm down my grandmother and remove her from my father, but my father seems to be unbothered.