17| Nothing is Guaranteed In A Marriage

After 11 days of the accident

Ibrahim's POV

Unable to sleep, I was back in front of Wahaj's room in Diab's castle, early the next morning. It is in the middle of January, the sun had barely risen by the time. I didn't have an exact reason as to why I was standing there, but as I kept pondering at night, I came to the same conclusion, it was wrong.

It was totally unlogical to marry her, and her to me because the results were only in theory. Even if it seemed logical at that moment. I knew she may have forgotten it as the morning came, but I needed to be precise. At least that was what I told myself was the reason, as I knocked on her door.

"You can't be here," she said as she shut the door closed after appearing to not wear her scarf, after less than a minute she opened the door.

"I will make it short, I promise," I said and fired off another smile.

"Fine," she said, blushing slightly, "All right. What do you want ?" she adjusted her hijab.

"Do you remember what happened yesterday ?" I questioned just to be sure as she seemed in full capacity to remember.

"Yes, I proposed even though you should have done that," She responded as she moved from my side toward the couch in the room.

After yesterday, Diab was forced to move us out of the cell and into stunning looking rooms in the castle. He explained to Wahaj that he kept her in the cell because when she forgot where she was, she tried to run away. He also explained that he took her from the hospital to provide more regular care for her and because he was afraid of Black's men coming for her.

"How can you remember ?!" I questioned in confusion.

"I didn't sleep and kept repeating what I told you yesterday just like Dory from Finding Nemo," I couldn't help myself to grin as she says those words.

"Dory really! Aren't you ashamed as a medical student to take preventive information from an animation ?" I questioned.

"Nope, to be honest, I particularly went into Medical school because of grey's anatomy, so I am fine with basing my life on tv shows," She says as she was still so conscious about her hijab as she kept fixing it. "At least they get happy endings,"

I beamed at her, "Are you sure about this ?" I kept it series as I returned to the reason why I was here.

"I didn't sleep, I almost ruined my Fajr prayer because I kept repeating it instead of the Sura," She warned, "I want this, I need this, I want my father back," She says bubbly.

"You know nothing is guaranteed," I say as she laughed, "Nothing in this life is guaranteed so I will take this chance if you are willing to give it to me," She seemed persistent as she waiting for my answer.