52| Her Mask

Wahaj's POV 

Four Days later, I pull my car in front of the Lawyer's office. She looks at me startled by my unexpected appearance as I get inside her place.

I breathe in a massive lungful of air, filling my lungs to the absolute brink before I release it with a heavy sigh, "My heart is aching, I don't want to continue with this lawsuit."

". . . and let them pardon and overlook. Would you not like that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." [Quran 24:22]

This beautiful ayah has been in my mind for the last four days as I debated whether to continue with the lawsuit or not. Allah SWT created us, and He knows what is best for me. I seem to forget sometimes that Allah SWT knows it can be tough to really forgive someone who hurt you, and this ayah contains the greatest motivation to push to forgive; it's Allah's forgiveness.

She looks at me shock is apparent in her expression as I pace in the room, "F-firstly clam down, second let's not make decisions we will regret later on and finally What drove you into that conclusion?" She looks at me confusion visible in her words.

"Even after everything my father did, Diab is still my father even if I don't like it. Also, even if what he did was abusive. He is my father. Mr Black is my mother's father. my grandfather. Mrs Chamberlain was taking care of me all my life, and the professor is my husband, the father of my children. What will happen in the future for my girls, they will be tormented because of what I did to thier father, and they will hate me for it. They will hate me for what I will be doing to their father who they adore." I contemplated not only to demonstrate to her but also for me.

Adila began after she took a long breath, "You know what they did can easily be categorized under oppression. And the Quran has powerful condemnations for oppressors,"

"Holy Quran (16:90) Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded," She explains further.

"This aya actually implies that us, the Muslim community, are responsible to "fight" oppression when we see it, whether we see it coming from a whole people, as per the aya above, or from individuals such as parents toward their children or grandparents or a caregiver."

And [all] faces will be humbled before the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence. And he will have failed who carries injustice. Holy Quran

This aya is more forceful in Arabic as I remember reading it. The words for "failed" is a much more total catastrophic failure than this word in English conveys. It means whoever committed an injustice in this life and did nothing to amend it or repent, will find in the Hereafter a total catastrophic failure which means, of course, hell, and separation from Allah and His mercy. So if I did not find justice in this life, there certainly would be justice in the next.

The Lawyer, Adila, persuaded, "Wahaj, you are a strong Muslim woman. We have already moved forward with a restraining order against your father, Mrs Chamberlain, and Mr Black so that they won't come near the girls. and Mrs Chamberlain estranged daughter, your former therapist is ready to confirm and confess everything her mother did that led to her becoming estranged with her." She stopped me from walking as she held my forearm.