06| This is where I leave you

Wahaj's POV

It has been a week since I have lost the guardianship of the kids, and their mother got them. "Are you feeling alright, Wahaj ?" Elian asked. It was not rare for him to openly show concern for people, but I knew that he knows what I was thinking at this moment. I was his soon-to-be-wife. On Wednesday, we got engaged. On Friday, he wanted to get married.

But I didn't...

I couldn't stop thinking of the five devils, I knew the feeling of growing up without a parent all to well that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Knowing their mother, it was similar to not having any since all she does was drink or be drugged.

"Yes, I am" I lied.

"Are you sure ?" He asked again.

I nodded, "I am fine, I just gotta go to my lecture," I said before grabbing my coffee from the table we were sitting in.

"Okay. Come on, I'll walk you to your lecture." We both get up, pay and leave the coffee shop that was owned by my aunt.

We always went to places where we were chaperoned, but now that we were alone and no one was with us, I didn't know what to say.

"So... Friday right?"

"No," I reply. "I... al... already said it..."

"Right yeah. Sorry... it's just you know a conversation starter." He laughs nervously, and I laugh too.

"It's okay."

"So," He clears his throat. "Do you need extra time? Like to get to know me?"

"Umm... I don't know to be honest." Ya Allah, kill the awkward tension, please!

We reached the lecture room quickly, Alhamdulillah, I gave him a small smile and then sow my friend, Mariam and gave her a quick hug. I enter the lecture room with Mariam and Elian goes away.

"Morning Wahaj," Mariam mumbled and tucked a loose, stray strand of her long, brunette hair behind her ear. "Did you study for the exam on Friday."

"No, How could I ?." Mariam opened her own notebook and leaned closer to me. "I can lend you mine if you want ?"

"I dunno, I think I should do my own to at least understand" I replied.

"Or you could just ask Professor Yilmaz, you and he seem to be okay ?" She glanced in my direction.

"He is Malisa's brother," I said, "We are totally not okay."

Mariam's eyes widen, and she stares at me for at least a minute. "How is that possible?" she asks slowly. "Did not you know."

"How could I ?" I whisper.

"Holy shit!" she shrieks. "Are you saying that Professor. Yilmaz has added you to the blacklist?"

"I hadn't spoken to him since he came into my house and took Emir," I answered. "He sent an email, but I didn't even read it,"

I roll my eyes. "Well, If Professor. Yilmaz wanna add me to his blacklist... let him. I already added his whole family to mine."

"But he is soo handsome," she sighs dreamily.

"Astaghfirullah," I said after laughing at her comment.

I looked away from Mariam and up at the stage. My eyebrows raised when I finally noticed Professor. Yilmaz standing beside the podium.

"Alright, it's 9:00, which means it's time to get started." Dr.Yilmaz clasped his hands together and sauntered over to the podium.