05| The Professor's Sister

Wahaj's POV

The guy held up his hand in surrender. "Wait...I'm sorry. My sister has been a mess these last few days, and you have my nices and nephews. Please, just let us in," he pleaded.

I glanced at Mellisa for another minute. She was nearly vibrating in her spot and tears were flowing down her cheek.

"I can't let you in, everyone is sleep, and there is no man in the house," I explained as I noticed them addressing the kids in the plural. "Wait what do you mean by kids ?! Emir is the only one with me, the rest went to you like every other week." I started to panic.

"You stole my children, and know you denying it!!!" Mellisa shouted.

"What, what do you mean you haven't seen them, then where are they ?" I shouted back.

Her brother, I guessed, wrapped his arm around her and she calmed slightly. My heart thudded heavily as I tried to figure out where have they disappeared to.

"What is happening, why all this shouting ?" Mama Ghada came in from her room to the door as she wrapped her headscarf around her hair and wore her rope. "This is the Chamberlin lands, how did you cross the gate at three in the morning." Mama Ghada argued before she even heard the men talking.

"Go back to sleep, I will handle this," Grandma told me as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"No Mama Ghada, I don't know where the devils are, I need to find them" I started looking toward her and back at Mellisa who seemed to be stoned or drunk that she appears to be trying to stand straight.

I knew this was my fault, the kids have found out this week that I am getting engaged tomorrow to Elian, so of course, they will pull a stunt like this today.

"There is no use of us standing here," I stated. "We should start looking for the kids who shouldn't have gone that far."

Mellisa's brother nodded in agreement.

"Mellisa, do you have any pictures on your phone? So we can pass ask people in the way if they have seen them." Mellisa's brother asked.

"No, I don't think so, Ahmad" Mellisa seemed to try to remember, but from the way Deniz and Roya talked about her, she seemed to be disconnected from the most of the time, and I would guarantee she didn't have any photos.

Even since the death of my husband, she seemed to be detached from the kids and from the world. She loved him, and he loved her. I was starting to see Eylul's point.

To save her from trying to go on memory lane with the dose she seemed to have taken, I answered instead of her, "I have pictures in my phone, I will run upstairs to get my phone," I started, but before I could move from my space, I shifted and blocked the hiding man from entering. He scowled and took off his sunglasses so he could glare at me in a threatening manner. I held my ground and crossed my arms in front of me as I flushed when I looked up into his face, "P-professor ?"

"Wahaj, let me by," he responded tersely. His cologne, a spicy, woodsy scent that intoxicates me, returned, and it was stronger than ever with the approximate that was between us.

"Wahaj, what is going on here? Who is he?" Grandma eyed my professor suspiciously.

"My p-professor," I said. "Sir I won't let you in until you explain to me why you're here ?! And why you're carrying a gun."

"My name is Ibrahim Yilmaz, she is Mellisa's Yilmaz. Didn't you connect that we were somewhat related ?" He asked me, coldly.

I never knew Mellisa's last name, I didn't really care to know. My deceased husband and I made a deal that he would marry me and give me money to support my family and in-exchange I would marry him. Furthermore, I would provide a stable home so he could get the kids instead of his ex-wife. What I didn't know was that he only married me to make his wife jealous, which, to this day, makes my heartache.