10

Pregnant

Pregnant.

After Jimin saw the tiny pink plus sign appear on the convenience store test, he couldn't believe it. There was no way that it was accurate. He bought the cheapest brand, so maybe it was wrong...

Jimin only missed one birth control pill.

He flipped the back of the box over and read the instructions again. Maybe he took the damn thing wrong. That has to be it. He really hoped that that's it.

Jimin is only 20 and a sophomore in college. He doesn't even know what he wants to go to college for. He has no idea what he wants to do when he's older, which is why he's currently only taking his general education courses. On top of that, he's never even had a job before. He's barely scraping by in finances due to his monthly allowance he's given from his parents. That pretty much only covers his half of rent, groceries, school supplies, and extra money for the bus.

His mind started to swirl in a panic.

How am I supposed to take care of a baby? I can barely take care of myself! What about school? Would I have to drop out? Would I have to move back home with my parents? What do I say to them? They'll disown me for sure. And what about Yoongi?

Oh God, what about Yoongi...

Jimin started to hyperventilate as his mind played out every circumstance and disaster his pregnancy could cause. His chest hurt, and he couldn't see. He was having a panic attack. He clutched at his shirt and gasped for breath. He was breaking into a sweat, and suddenly, he was incredibly nauseous again.

He quickly leaned forward over the toilet and vomited. It was mostly just stomach acid at this point. The timing you was almost like the world's way of proving to him that this was really happening to him right now.

The young male closed the lid, flushed the toilet, and wiped his face with a piece of toilet paper. He sat back against the bathroom wall, closed his eyes as he laid his head back, and sighed. He decided to just sit there and breathe peacefully for a couple minutes to clear his head. Clearly panicking is not the way to go about this, especially with how sick he has been.

The rational thing to do is to see a doctor first before he thinks of anything else. He needs to confirm that he is in fact pregnant and get as much information as possible. Then he will contemplate everything else.

----------

Jimin set up an appointment with his regular physician. He had to schedule it on a day he got out of class a bit earlier than usual because he doesn't want to fall further behind in school work after the multiple sick days he's already taken.

After his last class of the day, he rode the bus over to the doctors office. He was let in immediately, and asked to change into a gown, leaving him completely naked underneath. He sat on the bed covered in sanitary paper a bit awkwardly, swinging his legs back and forth, patiently waiting.