22

There was a continuous pounding that stirred Jimin out of a deep slumber

There was a continuous pounding that stirred Jimin out of a deep slumber. He whined as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, opening them to his pitch black bedroom. It took him a moment to realize why he had even woken up. The pounding continued, only growing in volume.

What is that?  Jimin wondered.

He switched on his night stand lamp, and slowly inched his way out of bed. He instantly shivered as his limbs exited the warm comfort of his bed. He grabbed a baggy hoodie and slipped it over his head. He was already wearing cozy sweatpants, so all he needed was a nice pair of fuzzy socks. He chose his favorite pair with blue penguins on them.

He left his bedroom and shuffled down the hallway, realizing that it was someone banging on the front door. Jimin checked his cellphone, squinting his eyes as the time read 4am. Who the hell shows up, banging on the door at four in the morning? Did Taehyung forget his keys again? Jimin hoped his friend hadn't lost them at the party tonight.

Jimin thought about how he left his roomate and his other friends at the party. He just had to get out of there after he spotted a certain blonde haired male.

Seokjin had just finished telling Jimin a series of dad jokes that he had come up with off the top of his head. They were all so ridiculous that each one made the smaller laugh harder and harder, which only encouraged the older to continue. Jimin can't remember the last time he's cackled this much. He threw himself forward in a fit of laughter, actually enjoying himself amidst the unfavorable circumstances.

Then he heard it.

"Yoongi?" A familiar voice called somewhere within the many groups of party goers.

Jimin looked forward and there he was, staring straight at him. His eyes seemed to be a little lost, almost like he was in a trance, unable to look away.

The young brunette started to panic. He lost his ability to breathe. Oh god, he really couldn't breathe. His lungs and throat felt so constricted. He needed to get out of here before he had a full fledge panic attack. It was starting to feel too claustrophobic in this huge, but crowded house.

As soon as Kang Sera distracted the blonde, Jimin used that as his chance to get away. Call him selfish, but he didn't care about Taehyung and Jungkook in that moment. They could find a new ride home. He didn't care about how he left a clueless Seokjin alone in the kitchen. He had to leave, so he bolted, dashing through the thick horde of people.

Jimin shuffled his socked feet accross the carpet as he hurried to let the younger roomate inside.

"Taehyung, did you forget to take your keys with-" Jimin swung the front door open, but halted once he got a good look at who stood outside his apartment, if you could really call it standing.

The blonde haired junior leaned himself up against the doorframe, barely able to keep his bodyweight upright. Jimin could smell the booze on him as soon as he opened the door. It wafted even more in the autumn, night breeze.