38

It was the next day and Jimin was extremely eager to go to the hospital and pick up his baby boy, but he wasn't going to be released until somewhere around noon

Yoongi ended up staying the night at Jimin and Taehyung's apartment. He slept on the couch, though. It wasn't the most comfortable night of sleep the new father has ever recieved but it wasn't the first time he's crashed there. He was also excited to take their little man home, but the pair had a couple errands to run first.

They decided to go straight to the police department early that morning. Unfortunately, Jimin didn't have very much evidence other than her phone number from when she slipped up and dialed with her caller ID showing. He also showed them all of the unknown calls he had recieved and told them about her showing up to his apartment when he was still pregnant with Gunmin.

It would take time for a restraining order to be finalized, but he was able to request for a temporary protection order. That, at least, made the pair feel a little more at ease with bringing their baby home. It was a little more safe, which is better than nothing.

Jimin and Yoongi also had to make a stop at 'A Bun in the Oven', the Kim's bakery.

Mrs. Kim had an old car seat she had borrowed from a friend and said that Jimin could use it until he was able to buy a nicer one for Gunmin. It wasn't the nicest car seat, but it would have to do for now. He was really grateful for Mrs. Kim's help and consistent kindness, even though Jimin was sure her heart was hurting for her son, but she was always still so nice. "I can't wait until you're ready come back to work, but please take care of yourself and that precious baby!" she smiled.

----------

Jimin was shaking on the way to the hospital. Although he was excited to take their baby home, there was still this part of him that felt he wasn't ready. What if he wasn't a good mom? What if he can't do this?

Yoongi looked over from the driver's seat and noticed Jimin's fidgeting hands. He reached across the center console and wrapped his hand around Jimin's. "It's going to be okay. You'll be great. Gunmin already loves you so much."

That was all Jimin needed to help him feel a bit more relaxed.

When they arrived, the staff congratulated the parents and were all so friendly. Jimin felt so warm inside when they handed his baby over to him. Gunmin looked so healthy. His cheeks were fuller like Jimin's.

Jimin sobbed when Gunmin cooed up at him. He was happy to be safe in his mommy's arms. Jimin let his thumb trace around his baby's cheek, and the baby smiled every so slightly. "I love you so much, Min Gunmin."

"Mr. Park?" a nurse asked, as she smiled apologetically for interrupting the mother/son bonding moment. "There was a gift delivered here for you, anonymously. We were instructed to give it to you when Gunmin was released."

Jimin raised his eyebrow in confusion. Who would leave a gift here for me? He thought.

The nurse brought inside a light blue and gray car seat that had a big sliver bow sitting on top. The inside cushioning was covered in baby blue elephants that matched perfectly with the theme Jimin had already picked out for Gunmin's nursery area inside Jimin's bedroom.