17

It's been over a week since Taehyung blurted out the big secret, and Jungkook is still avoiding his boyfriend

It's been over a week since Taehyung blurted out the big secret, and Jungkook is still avoiding his boyfriend. Taehyung has sent text message after text message hoping for some kind of breakthrough. Even a simple, "I'm okay", would suffice.

The older has been worried sick, hoping that the younger is at least taking care of himself, but he doesn't have any way of knowing. He doesn't even know if Jungkook is showing up for his classes or not.

He could wait outside of one of his classes to check, but that wouldn't go over well. He was sure of it.

The friend group has also been affected by the disputing pair. Along with Yoongi, Jungkook hasn't been showing up to their table at lunch anymore, for obvious reasons. Anytime Namjoon or Hoseok have mindlessly mentioned the younger's whereabouts, Taehyung either breaks down or screams at them. Seokjin swats the two foolish friend's on the back of the head, while Jimin tries to calm his roomate down.

"I'm sorry, but we just want you all to hurry and make up. It doens't feel the same without Yoongs and Kook here," Hoseok grumbles as he rubs the back of his head with an indignant expression. Seokjin tends to smack hard.

But Hoseok is right. Hanging out as a gang has been entirely different without the other two males, and the tension that has sat around the table from their absence didn't help.

Jimin and Taehyung felt guilty for wrecking the balance of their friend group, especially Taehyung. He never knew what the consequences his decision would be, or how it would affect the people around him, especially Jungkook. He only thought about himself during that time.

Of couse Taehyung knew that if Jungkook were to ever find out that it would horribly hurt him, but he never anticipated that the younger would actually find out, which he admits is so messed up. Taehyung's guilt was eating him alive.

Taehyung was a Senior in high school when he met Jungkook, who was a Junior at the time. The two were so compatible that they started dating right after they first met. Their relationship blossomed at an incredible rate. They became physical early on into their relationship because they couldn't keep their hands off one another.

When Taehyung was a Freshman in college, the couple didn't get to see one another as often because of how busy his schedule had become. So whenever they did have the chance to spend time together, things always heated up quickly. As shy as Jungkook tended to be around the other's, he was always confident in bed with Taehyung.

In the middle of the school year, Taehyung had started to feel off. His appetite was different, and his stomach ached in a way he had never felt before. He mentioned his symptoms to Jungkook, and the Senior in high school specifically remembered a time when the condom had broken. The boys had purchased an at-home test for Taehyung. The older exited the bathroom after a long while and smiled at the younger with a look of relief. "I'm not pregnant. It was just a scare." They fell into an intimate embrace, but Taehyung's guilt was already starting as he crossed his fingers behind Jungkook's back.